Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Moisturiser

• 21-10-2007 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Which brand of moisturiser do you use? What do you think is the best all rounder??

Which brand of Moisturiser do you use? 22 votes

ROC
    0% 0 votes
    Vichy
    0% 0 votes
    La Roshe Posay
    13% 3 votes
    L'Oreal
    9% 2 votes
    Boots own brand
    4% 1 vote
    Nivea
    9% 2 votes
    Dr Lewins
    36% 8 votes
    Kiehls
    4% 1 vote
    Lancome
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    22% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

I use Decleor Hydra Floral moisturiser. I've really dry skin and it works wonders for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I use a Guinot one, can't think of the name..something French anyway, really really nice moisturiser though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I'm using Simple at the moment but i'm finding it's becoming quite heavy so i think I'm going ot have to find something else.

Anybody any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Don't Simple have a "light" moisturiser.

I used to use Simple but since my skin needed sorting out I moved onto a paramedical line of products called Danné so I use the Danne moisture balancer along with my other skin products! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

Yep I use the Simple Light moisturiser. I think this is the best (for me anyway) cuz it's not too heavy and also not too heavy on the pocket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

i find bobbi brown extra SPF 25 moisturizing balm absolutely fantastic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I just got Vichy Oligo 25 its supposed to restore dull skin, its very light and feels gorgeous going on. I've only been using it for about a week but i absolutely love it and can definitely see a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

girliegirl wrote: »
    Yep I use the Simple Light moisturiser. I think this is the best (for me anyway) cuz it's not too heavy and also not too heavy on the pocket!!
    I second that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cas91

Cant go wrong with niviea.. none of this oul fancy stuff does it for me !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Orlee wrote: »
    I'm using Simple at the moment but i'm finding it's becoming quite heavy so i think I'm going ot have to find something else.

Anybody any suggestions?

Try the Simple Light moisturiser, goes really well under make up too. I'm gone back to using Nivea Young, been my favourite for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ive gone through loads, even the Dermalogica range, but find the best one for me personally is a Piz Buin factor 30 once a day!! how bad is that! I feel bad sometimes putting on stuff not designed for my face on my face but it works a treat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I use Lush Imperials - it's designed for comibination skin and costs €16. I found it was a bit too heavy during summer, but now that it's getting cooler it's perfect. Next time I would try their one for oily skin during the summer months if I don't go tanning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BreeVdK

I use Oil of Olay (the pink one) and find it really good although it doesn't have an SPF. I've used Guinot too and love it except it is quite expensive. About 2 years ago I read an article in the Sunday Independent about La Roche Posay and it being the brand of choice of the French and keep meaning to try it out except its so hard to understand the labelling and usually no sales staff know much about it even when they stock it !! Anyone try any of the H20+ moisturisers? I've just turned 29 so think I will have to up the ante with regards moisturisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Super Flight Cream by Prescriptives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

Atm I use La Roche-Posay, it was recommended by a beauty consultant in Austria, she says she uses it on all her clients, but I find it a bit greasy really. I always found the good old vitamin E cream nice and refreshing so I'll go back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I don't really use moisturiser but when I do I use Oil of Olay for sensitive skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

I use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion - I think it's fab -- I use it as part of their 3 step skincare routine - along with their clarifying lotion and their facewash. All three cost me about 90 quid but they last for ages! I would recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Vichy girl!.

Anything that is non-greasy and has a high SPF gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

twanda wrote: »
    I use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion - I think it's fab -- I use it as part of their 3 step skincare routine - along with their clarifying lotion and their facewash. All three cost me about 90 quid but they last for ages! I would recommend them.

I agree!!

I use the same routine...i have oily skin though so i use dramatically different mouisturizing gel, clarifying toner 3 and the face bar for oily skin...works wonders for me...and i think its totally worth the money as it does give results ( it took about two months but i stuck with it and am delighted now!!) and it lasts for AGES!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

E45

bb%2031.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ShellyB

Astral is my favourite! Been using it since I was 12 as have dry skin and am still using it now (29), brilliant stuff. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is also good once in a while if skin is very dry, but only at night as it is so thick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Liz Earle Normal moisturiser, find it great I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

Olay Complete with SPF 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Liz Earle ftw :D

Other favourites past and present include Nivea Visage, La Roche-Posay, dermalogica (prefer their cleansers/toners tho), and I started off on Oil Of Ulay (as was).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Eucerin.....its especially for dry skin but i use it anyway and its AMAZING...really natural and the high urea content repairs your skin as your body would.
    also use bio oil and night once a week....very greasy but its great for skin tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Yeah Bio-Oil is brilliant! Another great night lotion is Origins Night-a-mins, smells lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Clinque (the little yellow bottle) is defo the best and i use it...but a bit of info for ya's...my bro in law has very bad skin and the type of guy he is did alot of research...

Nivea - simply not the best esp there sun care products - seemly very bad for causing stuff like prickly heat and symtoms like that!! seemly its too heavy and your skin can not breath

Simple - much better than Nivea but something along the lines of its good to use for awhile (i.e. after some time the effect curbs off!) Hope this helps a little!

As with shampoo its usually best to change every once in awhile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

cupcake wrote: »
    Olay Complete with SPF 15.

Me too. I also have the night cream, and a bottle of the regular Oil of Olay without sunblock for evening wear.
    I went fancy for a while and used Murad, which has a very good line. But all in all, I'd say I've always been pleased with Oil of Olay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Well i'm a picky one when it comes to face creams - my fav at the mo is estee lauder daywear - light, non greasy and it moisteuries my skin. Have used simple, olay, clarins and clinque in the past but estee lauder combined with NO7 protect and perfect serum seems to be working a treat!! I'm going on 30 and was asked for ID the other day to buy cigarettes! Yeah for estee lauder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Chanel Hydramax + is amazing. the gel version is so light but it really works.

Advertisement