Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Rally Championships

Options
  • 21-10-2007 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Where can I find a map or details of the roads which are to be closed due to the rally? Have looked on the official website and there is only one crap map with a general overview. Am especially interested in the stage(s) around Geevagh/Arigna as I live in the area.

Thanks!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Giiiillliiieeee?

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be here soon with a comprehensive map for you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

You rang?

The maps on the site are pi$$ poor but it says that the Clarion Hotel is the HQ so why not email call them? info@clarionhotelsligo.com/+353 (0) 71 911 9000

They should be able to provide details.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

think their going to be announcing exact routes in next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Would the council not have maps available (at least for looking at) to show the roads that are to be closed. May not give you the rally times but will give the road closing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Told ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I do know one thing, if you have friends in from the north west, really use them for advice in traveling. The roads they are using around leitrim and going to be fantastic stages but local knowledge will be a serious advantage.

moved to North West, it is more suited to the whole region as it covers sligo leitrim and Fermanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

newer maps on website, not the overview ones that were there before, stage routes are now visable, but only the main roads are marked, roads used for the stages are not, must have only been added in last few days

http://www.rallyireland.org/spectators/maps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I wonder when there will be a proper map, I'm starting to get concerned now, our lane is always closed for the North West rally.
    Mind you I would have thought if it affected us we would have heard by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

As far as I know, everyone affected by the rally received telephone numbers in case of emergency etc.

The maps are terrible! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

When will the programs be available and where from?
    I would like to get one in advance rather than just get one on the weekend.

BFassassin wrote: »

Try the clarion hotel as that is the HQ for the event.
    The email address and the Phone Number are in another post in this thread

getting excited about this now used to follow the WRC years ago, not as much in the last few years, but really looking forward to it now, have taken the whole weekend off for it, 5 days off, got my service park tickets today, working out which stages i'll be able to watch on each day, etc etc, cant wait

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

BFassassin wrote: »
    the programs for rally events only ever come out a few days before the event to stop the gurriers driving the roads before the event probably htis w/e or monday i would guess. rumour has it someone is testing at lough eske on mon as the roads are closed !

nobodys put this up yet but full os maps are up now with parking areas etc

http://www.rallyireland.com/spectators/maps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Heres a video of some of the teams arriving in Sligo and the preparations in full swing
    http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/2763/the-wrc-arrives-in-ireland

Just some restictions that will be in place in Sligo this week folks courtesy of the Sligo Weekender:

RALLY WEEKEND ROAD CLOSURES - AND PARK-AND-RIDE DETAILS

TWO roads in Sligo town will be closed over the World Rally weekend (November 16-18) while there will be a shorter closure of some other streets for an accompanying festival parade. Motorists are being advised to avoid the town centre if at all possible and two park and ride facilities will be in operation.

Because the rally headquarters is located in the Clarion Hotel, CLARION ROAD will be closed to all but local residents and rally traffic from 6am on Thursday, November 15, until 8pm on Sunday, November 18.

ASH LANE, where the rally service area is located at IT Sligo, will be closed each day from 6am-7pm from the Thursday to the Sunday.

There will be a diversion starting in RATHCORMAC for drivers coming in from the BUNDORAN direction who want to go to MANORHAMILTON.

Streets on the route of the FESTIVAL PARADE on the Saturday evening will be closed from 6pm-9pm. The parade will begin on JFK Parade and then go around by Thomas Street, Castle Street, Grattan Street, O’Connell Street, Stephen Street, Bridge Street and back by JFK Parade to finish down at the County Council offices at Riverside.

QUAY STREET will also be closed that night from 7pm-9pm for music outside City Hall. Parking for park and ride shuttle bus services will be provided at the former Saehan factory at HAZELWOOD and at the CARRAROE RETAIL PARK.

Gardai also say that as part of their traffic management plan they may need to implement other traffic diversions over the weekend.

There's a nice 40 page pull-out on the Rally in today's Weekender if anyone is interested!

can you scan it and put it on here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

nanook wrote: »
    can you scan it and put it on here :)
    It will be too big more than likely. If there is a link it would help

Afraid I don't have a scanner.

Had a look for a link but there does not appear to be one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

List of shops where programme is now available.

Thanks for that!

tried to get one in donegal town today before i saw that list and couldn't believe no one is selling. amazing really

hey guys, was out yesterday, looking at some of the lough gill stage (SS4/7), but does anyone know if the park and ride above is to bring people to the stage or to service park, its printed on the maps and also mentioned on the getting to the stages section of the rally ireland site, but doesn't specify if for service park or for the stage, the other park and rides i've seen do specify, ie, park and ride is there, but where to,

not totally depending on this, do allready have one or two plans for friday morning, this could just be another opition

I work right beside the Airport and it's a hive of activity today!
    There have been at least 4 landings and take off's this morning - two of them are the normal scheduled ones.

Its mad! Shudder to think what the traffic will be like today and tomorrow!

well its getting ready to kick off this evening in Belfast. I heard RTE is covering the start live at 18.30. There is something I am going to have on the record

• Advertisement

RTÉ Sport's Live Schedule:

Thursday 15 November:
    Live from Stormont 6.30pm - 7.55pm

Friday 16 November:
    Live from Sligo 2.30pm - 3pm & 8pm - 9pm

Saturday 17 November:
    Live from Sligo 1.30pm - 2pm & 8pm - 9pm

Sunday 18 November:
    Live from Mullaghmore 1pm - 2pm

taken from http://www.rallyireland.org/news.aspx?article=172

on another note, just discovered this on the rte site

Rally Ireland course altered slightly
    Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Organisers of Rally Ireland have discovered that the home of a close family member of the victims of yesterday's domestic fire in Omagh is adjacent to it's Sloughan Glen stage which is scheduled to run on Saturday.

Out of respect the organisers have shortened the stage, which makes up runs 11 and 14 of the 20 stage rally, and have diverted the competing cars and spectators away from the area.

The spectator areas near the village of Lack, in Tyrone will no longer operate.

taken from http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/2007/1114/rallyireland.html

Advertisement