Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS Tape to DVD conversion ...

Options
  • 21-10-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Does anyone in town do VHS Tape to DVD conversion ... it's a club video that we would like to distribute in DVD format ....

There's a guy in Newcastle West but I'm looking for someone a bit closer if poss. ? ......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I was looking at the title and was ready to say this was so in the wrong place.

Of the top of my head theres this dvd player in dixons at the moment that plays dvd's and tapes and I believe its a dvd recorder so you can just transfer over
    Preety expensive though I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

1huge1 wrote: »
    I was looking at the title and was ready to say this was so in the wrong place.

Of the top of my head theres this dvd player in dixons at the moment that plays dvd's and tapes and I believe its a dvd recorder so you can just transfer over
    Preety expensive though I believe

If you want something in Limerick City ask the Limerick city guys .... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Luckily I realised that before I posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bertisevil

There used to be a guy who did it on William street, about half way up on the left hand side, before you get to the intersection with Wickham St. up a stairs, not sure if they're still active or operating but might be worth checking out. They used to do phone unlocks/repairs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You;d probably buy the converter (if you have a pc) for the same price as getting it converted. (Get a DAzzle capture device for about €70)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

another way to find out maybe is to go into local established stores around town and ask them try the likes of expert electrical on oconnell street or savins also on o connell street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I could do it, though I don't have the best of VCRs (it's new enough, but nothing fancy - expensive places will have proper professional decks with TBCs and other acronyms), assuming there's little/no editing to be done.

How long is it, and what needs to be done with it exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Thanks for the replies guys .... I think I was set up re converting it

have viewed the tape and passed it on to the next club guy I met ..... he can get it converted ..... :D

after all ..... I've only just joined the $$$$$$$ club !!!! .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

I bought a dazzle card and set up my own conversions..its interesting and not too complicated, once you exercise a little patience.Cost under 100 euro.
    The dazzle software teaches you a bit on dvd authoring also.
    Just note these converters can never improve on the quality of the original video, but a dvd is far more safe archive than a nasty vhs tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭EoimarMuppet

Savins do it, 20 quid a go. I had 3 done last xmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement