Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local Pharmacies withdrawing from HSE dispensing schemes

• 23-10-2007 7:20am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to my local pharmacist- they will no longer dispense medications under either the Long Term Illness or the E85/month schemes from the first of November. They will continue to dispense- but you will have to pay the full whack of the medications upfront, and reclaim an excess on a quarterly basis from the HSE (I think the excess is Euro 250/quarter- similar to 3*85).

It is my understanding that this is limited to local pharmacies, and is part of their campaign to get the HSE to recognise their union (Union of Pharmacists of Ireland) and that they may take further action if the HSE continues to refuse to recognise their union. I understand that pharmacy chains (Boots/Clarins etc) are not affected by the action.

My own pharmacy advised me to stock up (a months supply at cost price would be between 600-700 Euro for me- which is a lot of money to try to budget for- even if you know that you'll be able to claim a lot of it back).

If anyone has any solid information on what is happening- I would be grateful if they could post it here on this thread.

Regards,

S.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement