Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best Savings account

Options
  • 21-10-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but what is the best regular savers account out there. I'm just looking to save 100 euro a month at the moment but i will probable up it to around 300 euro after christmas. Who has the best interest rates? I see AIB are claiming 7.1% AER. I'm not very knowledgeable with the different types of intersts. Would there be better rates at Rabo, halifax etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I'm not aware of any better offer for that amount.

However, if you are highly disciplined, you could open an interest paying current account for the first few months at least. For example BOI is currently offering 10.5% interest on current account balances up to €1,500. But this only applies until 24th Feb 2008.

The difference between 7.1 & 10.5% on such a small amount over 4 months is so small as to not be worth the effort.

Advertisement