Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Technology

Options
  • 21-10-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'm doing Music for the Leaving Cert, 2008 and I've heard about the option to do Sibelius instead of two of your performance pieces.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it; how you sign up for it, how easy/difficult it is, etc. or if anyone else is intending to do it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

There's some discussion of it in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165239

As far as signing up for it, I imagine that's something your music teacher would organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Mention it to your music teacher. I did it last year for my LC and never regreted it. Once you have a bit of knowledge about your way around software ( very, very basic..) you've got your self an easy 50% practical. There is 2 options to take:

1) Full elective - This means you do your full practical under music technology. You have to write/compose 4 x 32bar 4 part melodies. Takes about 10 minutes to prepare each. Its that easy.

2)2nd Option - I can't remember exactly what this includes but its somewhere along the line you do a small performing practical and you do a partial music technology.

I'd recomend doing the full elective. Me and 2 other lads did it last year and never regreted it. Its so easy.

I'd recomend talking to your teacher about it though, there are several options availible to do.

Hj

Advertisement