Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gary fisher cronus - stocked in dublin?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Very interested in getting one of these. Does anyone know who might stock one in Dublin so I could have a cycle on one?

Will probably be a hassle ordering one online if there isn't one here, apparently the manufacturer's policy only allows sales in-store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

your best bet is to ring around the stores. I'd be surprised, they'd be available through anyone who stocks Klein or Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The Cycle Inn in Tallaght stocks Gary Fisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭easy guv'nor

update in case anyone's interested.

Called a shop. After the assistant checked with the Gary Fisher Rep was quoted €999. Hmm. Nice round figure that.

"seems expensive, they're much cheaper online."
    "how much cheaper?"
    "349 sterling."
    "ok <calculator tapping> thats about €540. Let me call you back."

<Later>"we can sell you one for €569 or €579."
    "Let me call you back."

Called another shop next day. Fisher Rep happened to be instore apparently. Was quoted €999 immediately.

Called back store #1.

"Sorry, can only do it for €999. It'll be a '08 model. Those prices you saw online are sale prices of older models."

Now thats fair enough, sale prices of older models, but considering the '08 is available for $629 (€435) in the states I'll be on to aunty betsy fairly lively to post me over one.

Never realised how badly we're being fleeced for bikes here. Is it just one company that imports Gary Fisher to Ireland?

Advertisement