Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Radio - Uk Amongst others

Options
  • 21-10-2007 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Is it possible to get a car stereo that is able to pick up UK Radio stations or is there a special radio for this , would DAB radio here in Ireland be able to pick up UK stations???

Will

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

FM or DAB are both short range transmissions. You will probably get UK stations near border areas or possibly Wexford coast. Other than that I think it's no dice I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok no dice for me then , I live in lovely Limerick ;).

Would love to listen to UK stations driving to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not sure about all of them but surely any radio with MW/LW will get uk stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

surely dab has uk stations

They will but the listening quality will be poor ie no stereo and very much affected by atmospherics. LW works best after dark FWIW.

/edit Here's some info on DAB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I spose there is no possiblity of satellite radio in Ireland?

I don't know a lot about it but here's a link to Wiki info on it.

Advertisement