Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks and Spencers in Limerick?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Spengman wrote: »
    Just wait and see!:D

you're making me feel like a 7 year old on christmas eve :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

you're making me feel like a 7 year old on christmas eve :p

Thats how most people on here seem to feel about the arrival of M&S! Its long overdue in fairness, but I dont see what all the fuss is about to be honest! Still they're bound to bring plenty more business to the city and thats always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

bazz26 wrote: »
    Was walking by that way today and it looks like there going to be some sort of underground car park possibly 2 stories there judging by the dept below ground level they were building at.

If it is going to be huge as it looks then they would want a good traffic plan for the area unlike the diaster that is the Childers Road Retail Park. They would definately need another entrance/exit other than onto the Dublin Road. Maybe an entrance/exit from the road close to the Groody Bar.

What's the bet though that the Council will not give a toss about traffic planning as long they get their rates from the place?

Im trying to picture a aerial view of the place in my head, would it not be possible to have a road going to it from the tipperary road?

Must download google earth on this computer...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Just wait and see!:D

I've been waiting for so long that I decided some time ago to have the following words put on my Tomb stone ..... :rolleyes:

"All I ever wanted was an M&S in Limerick"

It was due to go in Spaights site ..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1huge1 wrote: »
    Im trying to picture a aerial view of the place in my head, would it not be possible to have a road going to it from the tipperary road?

Must download google earth on this computer...:p

There is a new road joining the Dublin Rd and the Tipperary Rd. It makes alot of sense to have at least one entrance/exit joining this road. There are already a number of small roundabouts on that road so it would hardy need renginerring. It could run behind Singland Motors but since when did the Traffic Managment Department ever see sense?

They will probably just through traffic lights at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is a new road joining the Dublin Rd and the Tipperary Rd. It makes alot of sense to have at least one entrance/exit joining this road. There are already a number of small roundabouts on that road so it would hardy need renginerring. It could run behind Singland Motors but since when did the Traffic Managment Department ever see sense?

They will probably just through traffic lights at it.

According to the drawings attached to the planning permission there will be a second entrance on the dublin road. It will be traffic lights and situated downhill from the current entrance.

there are no plans to have any other exit in the planning permission

Well in that case maybe it wont turn into such a traffic gridlock after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Anybody have any pictures of what this parkway valley place will look like when finished?

Much appreciated, thanks.

This is one that was on the Irish Times in May. Sorry about the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Good god. It looks wierd! Different at least...as long as it doesnt look like jetland I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Looks like it was dropped from a height. Suppose that's art for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ah, yeah! M&S will be be open in Limerick in 18 months/2 years, do you want a bet?

How sure are you? how reliable is your source? what is your source?

M&S are open in the likes of Letterkenny, Newbridge and Athlone if I'm not mistaken, so you can take it as given that they plan to open in Limerick, which is bigger than all those towns put together.

Seems as if your problem up there is just that M&S have difficulty finding a suitable premises for various reasons. It's the same here in Waterford: the dogs in the street know that they've been trying to open here for about two years, but planning objections are constantly frustrating their efforts.

Anybody have any pictures of what this parkway valley place will look like when finished?

Much appreciated, thanks.

All the drawings submitted with the planning permission are located here.

http://www.lcc.ie/idocsweb/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=064103

This is one that was on the Irish Times in May. Sorry about the quality.

I'm not hating it at all, but wow :eek:, its different from anything were used to.

Its going to be some impressive building thats for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 charlesquinn

fricatus wrote: »
    M&S are open in the likes of Letterkenny, Newbridge and Athlone if I'm not mistaken, so you can take it as given that they plan to open in Limerick, which is bigger than all those towns put together.

Seems as if your problem up there is just that M&S have difficulty finding a suitable premises for various reasons. It's the same here in Waterford: the dogs in the street know that they've been trying to open here for about two years, but planning objections are constantly frustrating their efforts.

I'm working in India at the moment in a city outside of Dehli, called Gurgoan. It's a small city with a relatively small population (India's standards at least). In the mornings i've got to negotiate cows, monkeys, desert, decaying buildings, poverty and filth to get to work..however, it's made that little bit easier with a comforting blueberry & pear smoothie bought at one of Gurgoan's many Marks & Spencer's outlets! What's the problem with Limerick planning authorities? It seems like M&S would stick any appendage of their capitalist empire in any hole, nook or cranny..

Well that was unexpected... , though I must say id rather stay in Limerick, marks and spencers or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

....but is it not opening in the Crescent????? Spols if I missed this in the thread :confused:

No, theres no marks and spencers opening at the crescent. Either the new parkway valley centre or the opera centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Thanks for that - my last update was the Crescent! My pref is definitely for the Opera but even the Parkway Valley is preferable to the Cresent.

But like most of you, I'll only believe it when I get to spend my first € there.

Osk wrote: »
    Thanks for that - my last update was the Crescent! My pref is definitely for the Opera but even the Parkway Valley is preferable to the Cresent.

But like most of you, I'll only believe it when I get to spend my first € there.

Are you sure we'll still be using €'s by the time it opens? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

There is a web site for the Parkway Valley SC that has some artistic impressions of the interior. It has a unit called Parks and Sensors in a recognisable lettering. Now if that isnt a strong hint......
    See here
    http://www.bannon.ie/brochures/parkwayvalley0.pdf

It also says Hebandams lolololol!

Maybe their cheap german copies???

Im guessing coprright stuff though ya?

Oh and it looks like we're getting a nest store! :p

Would retailers really of put forward their interest this early on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

These plans were first launched 3 years ago and planning permission was secured late last year, so theres been plenty of time for the letting agents to market the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

It's back in the Cresent SC again. Link

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

They mention that it is subject to planning permission. I presume this means that they will be extending the cresent to accomodate them

• Advertisement

My god.

Where in the crescent are they going to put it??

Advertisement