Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gannons Car Compound

Options
  • 21-10-2007 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where Gannons Car Compound in Swords is?

My boyfriends car got stolen last night and when it was recovered they took it to Gannons Car Compound in Swords but we don't know where it is and we want to go and have a look at the damage?

Thanks for the help,
    Adrieanne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Never heard of the place. Can the garda station not tell you where it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Does anyone know where Gannons Car Compound in Swords is?

My boyfriends car got stolen last night and when it was recovered they took it to Gannons Car Compound in Swords but we don't know where it is and we want to go and have a look at the damage?

Thanks for the help,
    Adrieanne
    It's in the industrial estate at the R132 end of Turvey Avenue opposite the Chuck Wagon.

TurveyAvenue.jpg

...actually it's slightly to the right of what I marked in the above post! :o

gannons.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks Wishbone_Ash :)

Thanks Wishbone_Ash :)
    adrieanne - if you are coming from the Swords direction, there is no right turn there. You have to go several hundred meters further north and make a right turn into the old Turvey entrance, then right at the next T junction and then left into the industrial estate (in a sort of tiangle).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I'd also recommend he gets down there quicksharp as they charge €75 a day storage :eek:

Even if the car is there for tech exam????

Sizzler wrote: »
    I'd also recommend he gets down there quicksharp as they charge €75 a day storage :eek:
    Even if the car is there for tech exam????
    Presumably the insurance company will be looking after that bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Cormster

I found Gannons quite reasonable when I had to deal with them on one occasion. I hope your BFs car is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Blakes Cross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Blakes Cross
    Could you not see the question had already been answered? With map.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Presumably the insurance company will be looking after that bill?

Dont think so mate, they usually have an excess on that stuff e.g. €150, so thats only 2 days at their rates :eek:

They're starting to charge from tomorrow at 1pm, the tech exam is over. So we're going to scrap it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Cormster wrote: »
    I found Gannons quite reasonable when I had to deal with them on one occasion. I hope your BFs car is ok

I'm just back from Gannons and decided to do a quick search on Boards for previous experiences of them. I found them to be less than helpful this afternoon. I had my car broken into the other night and the Garda brought the car to Gannons for examination. When the AAA guy arrived to replace the smashed glass Gannons refused to allow him plug his 20-metre long extension lead (or indeed any plug) into their socket - "for insurance reasons" (patent nonsense).

So, he could not replace my window - something which would have taken @30 minutes - in Gannon's entirely because they were petty and downright mean. There is no way An Garda Síochána should give this company this clearly quite lucrative state contract when they refuse to extend such a basic courtesy to members of the public who have been victims of crime and accordingly have had their car sent there by the Garda. The state can do a better deal than this with public money.

The solution? I had to get into the glass-littered car in this pissing rain night with the rain coming in on me all round and look for the nearest garage and depend on their goodwill in order to get a simple socket for the AAA guy's plug. Thankfully, they allowed him to plug in the extension lead and allowed me to wait in the shop while he did it. Basic decency, in other words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ciara 2

I've dealt with gannons many times their daily storage rate is €40 for a 24hour period if the vehicle was in crash they do not charge the owner any fee if it is in for a tech exam were on earth you got €75 from is beyond me clearly to much time on your hands to make up nosense and try to frighten people about fees!!!

also with a company ins policy only staff members employed by the company are permitted to work in the building this is probably why aaa were not allowed on the premises which i'm sure you can understand is fair enough in the unlikely event of an accident gannons would have been 100% liable and without the cover of their ins company as they breached the contract by letting work from another company take place their it is against the law surely you dont think it was personal?? this large company that probably has no idea who you are were being mean to you for no reason??

in any case if aaa are carrying out work on your car they should have their own power supply to do so i've had my windscreen replaced once by allied irish windscreens and they didn't need to rely on anyone else in order to do their job properly!!!

Dionysus wrote: »
    Gannons refused to allow him plug his 20-metre long extension lead (or indeed any plug) into their socket - "for insurance reasons" (patent nonsense)
    Standard practise in most businesses. Your gripe should be with your ill-equipped windscreen company.

Advertisement