Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late night snack

• 21-10-2007 10:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As we all know there's nothing like a big bowl of carby cereal at 11pm to throw a spanner in the works.

What are your suggestions for good late-night snacks??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I cut two slices off a brown loaf and made a tomato sandwich about an hour ago. I was tempted to add a slice of ham but I'm a stone over weight so gave it a miss.

I think 11pm is a bit late to eat anything after tbh.*

*unless your going to be up till 3am posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Thrill - I'd worry more about the 2 slices of bread than the slice of ham if you are looking to lose weight!

My late evening snacks are usually an egg or two with some spinnach, but other times I have cottage cheese, tuna, chicken or some smoked mackrel (no not all together).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd go for a small handful of nuts, or some slices of cheese. Not too much mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Late night snack?

Steak, chicken, a protein shake with cottage cheese mixed in, nuts..... all reasons why being a gym rat rocks. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Dragan wrote: »
    Late night snack?

Steak, chicken, a protein shake with cottage cheese mixed in, nuts..... all reasons why being a gym rat rocks. :D

*Sigh* I wish bulking was my aim...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

how right you are taconnol - i usually get a longing for a bowl of porridge at half nine at night :(

i usually try and make do with a protein shake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Bacon and eggs in a low carb wrap !! Yum , or with out the wrap ... its all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

cottage cheese + vanilla whey + milled flax.

I have some seriously messed up taste buds :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Two jaffa cakes and cup of cha... less than 100 cals :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hmm just thought of one of my own or em...one of PN's recipes! This is a smoothie recipe from Precision Nutrition but you can freeze it into ice pops - perfect for after dinner.

About a mug of frozen berries - Tesco have them in the ice cream section
    Some LF yoghurt (eg Glenisk) or some LF milk/soya milk
    Teaspoon of honey
    scoop of Vanilla Whey
    water or milk to thin out

So chuck it all in a blender - because the berries are frozen, it will be instantly nice and cold to drink straight away.

OR...

You can buy a set of 4 small ice pop containers from Dunnes for €3, fill it up, stick it in the freezer 12 hours later they're ready. Yu-HUM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement