Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Urgent! stone chip repair in Limerick area ??

Options
  • 21-10-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

I was washing the car today and noticed a brown patch on the bonnet...looked like a bird had taken a nasty dump or leftover of the eggs my car was battered with a couple of weeks ago by scumbags. But no, it's stone chips. Car was imacc for last 9 months and now suddenly this. Looks like gravel or grit hit the bonnet, and left about 30 little chips in 4"x4" square area. Only about 3 or 4 are very noticeable. All are brown in colour, so not sure if it's down to metal or just the primer, but filled the main ones today with touchup paint using a thin artists brush. Did the usual of letting the paint drop in so to overfill it. Tommorrow evening I will use this stuff I have called Langka to remove the excess and flatten it a bit. Same as what wet high grit sandpaper does without the marring. Have a feeling the chips are not deep/large enough to allow touchup paint to stay put. Could try really high grit wet sandpaper and polish after as alternative. Had success in past with that. But to be honest I'd like one of these chips away guys to have a go. Otherwise it's an insurance job, and don't fancy paying the excess and/or loosing no claims. So if you know anyone who could help please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I guess nobody knows if there is any mobile chip repair outfits in this country ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Chips Away. Call Sean 087 2725300.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Cheers mate. Just rang him. Nice bloke.

Advertisement