Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Up Games & Xbox Live

Options
  • 21-10-2007 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    Ive been doing some testing to see how back-up games respond when connected to xbox live; the results are as follows:

* flashed xbox 360
    - back up games play perfectly
    * Connect to xbox live & xbox 360 updates install
    * connect to xbox live and create game tag
    * Download a number of demos and launch demos
    * put in xbox 1 game and updade backwards compatibility

I had been wondering about the verious stages here and whether back up games would still load and they do.
    Note future Micro$oft software code; update at your own risk!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Get ready to have your console banned from live pretty sharpish. They seem to be doing them in batches every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Achilles wrote: »
    Get ready to have your console banned from live pretty sharpish. They seem to be doing them in batches every few months.

Give me back-up games any day of the week before Live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Give me back-up games any day of the week before Live :rolleyes:

Nah I like live... there are always ways around things though. On my original Xbox 1 it's possible to play against other users across the network even if you've been banned from live... it tricks the Xbox into thinking it's connecting to live but it's actually being routed through a server hosted on your PC then into some private network. It's exactly like live except the voice don't work. Think it's something along the lines of tricking the Xbox into thinking it's in a multi-console session and not over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

Yeah Id prefer backups any day of the week before LIVE. I have the iXtreme installed on mine and I dont see MS finding a way through it for a good while, and when they do, you'll hear all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yes its that time again; Its ban time for modded firmware and Live. Halo3 has been out a month so good time for MS to monitor peoples use of backups.
    Don't say I didnt warn you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Yeah there are a fair few new games out now; from a M$ point of view the time was right!
    To be honest i wasnt even using it anyhow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Perfect timing from MS,

All those banned xbox live addicts rushing out to buy the arcade pack will do the holiday sales no harm at all.

Advertisement