Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice modern shopping centre..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

not from these locals. everyone I know would have taken another shopping centre other than Dunnes in a heartbeat. we were ragin'

Joyce's had a huge influence in preventing them if what i heard was true.

I should have mentioned that the new Dunnes in Knocknacarra is in the same complex as the originally proposed Superquinn. The guy who owns Busker Brownes is a 20% owner of Superquinn and he wants to open a branch is his home town. I read that in the Sunday Business Post a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I should have mentioned that the new Dunnes in Knocknacarra is in the same complex as the originally proposed Superquinn. The guy who owns Busker Brownes is a 20% owner of Superquinn and he wants to open a branch is his home town. I read that in the Sunday Business Post a few months ago.

really? i was of the understanding that SuperQuinn initially were looking at one of the sites across the road? then the council was unwilling to change zoning in relation to maximum store size, but they did by the time Dunnes came into the picture for the site across the road or something silly like that like that.

oh nm, seems i had it a bit wrong. the store size was the reason they pulled out initially tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Funny enough, Superquinn bought a site in Knocknacarra but got so much grief from the locals, that they bailed out before a brick was laid.
    Councilors maybe but certainly not residents.

All these shops and STILL not even a Post Office OR a Bank.................

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The proposed Headford rd redevelopment looks fantastic on plan, the shopping area will be more than 4 times what it is at present,and the proposed Ceannt Station development will have an even larger shopping complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

The last thing the city needs is another shopping centre. If getting around town is a problem (which it clearly is), then we should be talking about the need for reliable public transport, not more temples to Mammon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement