Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What local newspaper?

• 21-10-2007 11:51pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im curious to see how many people read local papers, and if so, which ones.

Persoanlly I found the News & Star to have more news then then Munster Express. Waterford Today is mainly a paper full of adverts and very little else.

What do you read, if any?

Which local newspaper? 45 votes

News & Star
    0% 0 votes
    Munster Express
    24% 11 votes
    Waterford Today
    46% 21 votes
    None
    20% 9 votes
    Other
    8% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Always get the munster for some reason, i dont see much of a difference between the news and star and the munster for news but the munster does give better coverage of sports in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

got ta be the munster:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So far, people seem to think the Munster gives better Waterford news? Or just news in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

WT and only cos its through my door for free. Local papers are pretty much useless in the internet age.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mike65 wrote: »
    WT and only cos its through my door for free. Local papers are pretty much useless in the internet age.

Mike.

They've a long ways to go yet. Still selling sackfulls.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

the waterford today cos its free, and the munster if i'm paying. usually head straight to the court pages to see who's up for what. not really bothered with sport, the entertainment section can be handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Waterford Today or else the News and Star for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Mike.

not really, when you can read the papers (well, most of the content) on their respective websites. and there's so much stuff in the local papers you won't find online, like photos of local people etc.

i think they are all good papers. the munster and news & star are pretty much the same paper. read all of them every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Van

I read them all but have turned off the News and Star because of the negativity of the Phoenix column.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If it was'nt for the court tittle-tattle and small ads no-one would buy them I suspect.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Mike.

Damn straight , same for me :) .

Advertisement