Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Shed Wall Section

Options
  • 21-10-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm about to build a wooden shed in my garden and I'd just like some opinions on my proposed construction method in the attached sketch.
    In particular I'm wondering about:
    1. Does the foil on the kingspan go towards the inside or the outside?
    2. Am I right in thinking that I need a gap between the kingspan and the exterior cladding?
    3. Am I putting the damp proofing in the right place

I'll probably slab the shed internally with that hardwall / kingspan sheeting stuff.

Any other comments appreciated.

55e7f2022e573ad545d8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would run with the 100x50 studs, with fibreglass insulation in the space between the studs.
    Then a layer of breathable felt on the outside, and 10mm OSB then a batten of ~20mm then the shiplap, fixed horizontally to the battens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Lol, sorry the shiplap should have been horizontal of course. An earlier design I was looking at used vertical cladding boards butted with smaller boards covering the join.
    I'd be ok with packing the fibreglass right up to the breathable felt I guess?
    I might investigate sheeps wool or similar for a more eco friendly approach.
    Thanks.

Advertisement