Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The back story to the Leixlip feuds.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Getting back on topic for a minute (or at least closer) what parts of Leixlip are actually covered by "The Hill" and "The Far end"? :confused:
    The hill bit is obvious but how far does the area extend before the Hillers territory ends? What about the Far End?

Well the Rye river kinda splits it evenly enough...

it works best that way, 'cause the far enders get the smelly half of Leixlip :D hahahahaa.
    I've actually really nothing against the farenders, but still, old pointless rivalries are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomplaya

Jackz wrote: »
    Off topic but what happened in Leixlip between the two sides of the town?

Some sort of area warfare like Gangs of New York?
    i was there for the leixlip festival today,great day family day out,bands playing,young girls wearing next to nothing ,sun blazing outa the sky.
    didn`t see any gangs of new york style stand off or shenanigans though,blow me.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Dutchy

I heard there were killings on Friday night at the fest? Not sure if it was hillers and the farenders? Most likely blow-ins! :P

Great craic down there last night in the courtyard.

Just reading through the thread... I see that the GJ's were from the far end, didn't the hillers have the DJ's?? i.e. Donkey Jackets? Not a joke btw!

P.s. Terry you mention grafitti in an earlier post? Terry U2?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

heard there was killings at the festival too, was down every night so far in the yard but didnt see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Dutchy wrote: »
    I heard there were killings on Friday night at the fest? Not sure if it was hillers and the farenders? Most likely blow-ins! :P

Great craic down there last night in the courtyard.

Just reading through the thread... I see that the GJ's were from the far end, didn't the hillers have the DJ's?? i.e. Donkey Jackets? Not a joke btw!

P.s. Terry you mention grafitti in an earlier post? Terry U2?:D

inbred hillers;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Step one. Invasion
    3c1bb.jpg

Step two. lebensraum
    2c598.jpg

Step 3. The New leixlip order
    ac828.jpg

Only a matter of time folks! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

ah now aren't there more hillers living down the far end now, we're improving the breed down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

by the way, dun carraig was part of the hill as well.. so that map you drew is wrong

there were loads of different groups fighting the farenders from the hill. farenders were generally the little rich kids where the hill was less posh, or less pussies if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

The Hiller/Far Ender thing takes me back, even further back than the 1980s.

I lived in Castletown between 1970 and 1976. In those days, there was one GAA club, St. Marys, and a boys and girls primary school side by side on the Celbridge Road. No Hillers and Farenders then but my memory is of the Marys Park and Green Lane lads having a go at the Oaklawn and Castletowners.

The prehistory of the Hillers and the Farenders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

Step one. Invasion
    3c1bb.jpg

Step two. lebensraum
    2c598.jpg

Step 3. The New leixlip order
    ac828.jpg

Only a matter of time folks! :pac:

I love the way that the New Leixlip Order couldn't take over my gaff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I love the way the vast majority of our territory is that field behind the canal and the GAA club :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

I think we should plan the hiller invasion of the farend!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

would it be worth it tho :D
    i never lived in Leixlip but i spent most of my life there till i was in my early 20s,my mothers family were from leixlip and were born and rared in number 8 mall beside the credit union.Then they all moved to Avondale and my mam went to Celbridge
    i always say im from Leixlip tho

Advertisement