Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pimp My Comedy

• 22-10-2007 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

For all the aspiring comedians, like myself, who are here, i think this may be the place to post youtube links of your shows in order to get constructive critisisms. it's the only way we'll learn. and it may even inspire people to give it a go for themselves!

i'll get the ball rolling:

sound quality isnt the best so bare with me, theres a much better sounding one on the way! tell me what you think! (NSFW)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good idea. We could possibly make this a sticky..

Heres one of my older shows (rated NSFW for mild swearing and sexual themes):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KlZKBuejEj4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'll see how this thread goes, if it becomes popular I'll stickify it.
    grames_bond please read the Signature rules here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

sorry bout that, all fixed now!! so on with this thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Hey grames,

I took a look at your clip before when Galvasean had posted asking for feedback on the forum request thread. I sent him a lengthy PM about his bit which I won't reproduce here.

I remember the sound quality being so bad on your clip that it was pretty hard to actually hear the gags. The audience seemed to like it and you seemed pretty confident on stage. That's really all I can say about it. If you can upload a clip with better sound I'll take a look and give you more detailed feedback.

I've not actually done any stand up myself so bear that in mind.

THANKS!! i did a gig there recently which was filmed with proper recording equipment (aka not a phone) crowd wasnt the greatest but i still think i did ok, clip should be on the way soon enough!

• Advertisement

right i thaught i'd bump this as i just got a recent video uploaded (much better than the last one) and hopefully this will get others to post: (NSFW due to language and sexual themes)

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=b4lXr417tjE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Hi Graham ... Your second video is jumpier than a rape victim on her first date since the incident ...

Now ... I'm by no means an expert & I'm only at Stand-Up since the end of April but heres my two cents ...

... The joke about chicks liking blokes with a sense of humour is good. The comparisons are good but you could go further with it I think ... It's the only thing that stands out for me from your set. You don't get a laugh until about 30 seconds in & even then it's not a killer laugh. You know? Maybe it's just me but I like to fire off a sure-hit one liner to begin with just to get the first laugh out of the way you know?

How long have you been at it by the by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Ok ... this is me doing my first ever gig back in April 22nd I think. Sound ain't the best due to a crazy laugh & the video is a tad jumpy ... be gentle ... Oh & It's definitely NSFW!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

For all the aspiring comedians, like myself, who are here, i think this may be the place to post youtube links of your shows in order to get constructive critisisms. it's the only way we'll learn. and it may even inspire people to give it a go for themselves!

i'll get the ball rolling:

sound quality isnt the best so bare with me, theres a much better sounding one on the way! tell me what you think! (NSFW)

nice work

edi: OK checked out the better quality vid, i don't know sh1t about stand up etc but to me you came across better when you didn't SHOUT your punch line(not that shouting made the joke not funny)
    Anyway watched the whole thing and you did a great job and seemed very relaxed on stage, keep up the good work

Taught I'd bump this thread from the grave and post the last show I did.
    I'm not happy with the segment that is the first 30 seconds (feel free to skip that bit). But overall I don't think the gig went too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXzVmfqpH3o

Havent actually gigged since, so feedback (particularly constructive criticisms) will be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Galvasean wrote: »
    Taught I'd bump this thread from the grave and post the last show I did.
    I'm not happy with the segment that is the first 30 seconds (feel free to skip that bit). But overall I don't think the gig went too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXzVmfqpH3o

Havent actually gigged since, so feedback (particularly constructive criticisms) will be greatly appreciated.

What venue is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Hey Man,

Fair play for having the balls to post some footage and have people critique it.

I liked your sister/girlfriend same name thing. It's solid(and possible true??). The callback to it when you mentioned Valentines was clever and worked very well.

Few cringey bits though

Crisp bag .... no no no! Please don't
    Miracle gro ... same as crisp big

Rubber glove/5 pack was ok but probably not strong enough to use by itself

Adam/Eve thing - bit crude and a bit cluttery. I would suggest maybe saying something along the lines of God removed Adam's rib to go off and create Eve. And thus auto-fellatio was invented. [or maybe call it the self blowjob so the more innocent audience members will get it.] Rather then spelling it out to the audience.

Condom/KFC bit at end - I like visual jokes in general. Bu there is a comedian from Cork called Dennis doing something very similar, which you may wish to know about. [he takes out a sachet of ketchup/mayo from his pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭beamo

This is a gig i did last week, recorded on a phone so sound and vid quality arent top notch but yas should be able to get most of it.

Constructive feedback greatly appreciated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVSRpQKwS-E

What venue is that?

Sheehan's Bar, off Grafton St.

Advertisement