Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healyfest?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I used the search but couldnt find any information on this. I was wondering if anyone had heard about a festival called Healyfest that happens in Ballycastle?Has anyone been?Is it just organised by locals or by the council?I've heard it mentioned twice in the past two days and I never even knew it existed!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Google throws up a few links to myspace accounts that mention it.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=Healyfest&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Not much info though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kittens

yeah i saw those but all they say are 'oh we're playing healyfest. type messages..i'd love to find out about it adn possibly do an interview for our paper. Like how the heck do so may people find out about it and head down yet there isnt an information to be gotten about it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yddap

The healyfest is a small rock festival that takes place in ballycastle co mayo. it was started by local band Sonic reducer 3 years ago and has grown each year. This year we had 8 bands perform, jonnie warnock, lefty desk, the giant wombats, the alter boys, the minority, the dirty 9's, sonic reducer, and the gandhis. All bands perform for free, admission is free to everyone from toddlers to pensioners and everyone in between. There is a BBQ, bouncy castle and camping (also free), etc. Its never been advertised and probably never will be. Everything is organised by locals through word of mouth. Its as non-commercial as it gets and is totally bull**** free!
    Its takes place on the 1st sunday of august every year when the whole village is rocked to its foundations.
    The best thing to do if you want to know more is grab a tent and sleeping bag and get your arse down here next year!

Advertisement