Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would this work?

• 22-10-2007 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Ok guys quick one. The other half has moved up to Belfast for college and so calling and texting is a costly thing. So i had a little brainwave tonight that maybe someone can help me sort.

While up in Northern Ireland it is FREE for all Republic of Ireland O2 Customers to recieve calls.
    So would i be right in saying that if i was to buy the other half an Irish O2 Mobile, they could use it up north to roam and recieve calls from me for free.

Meanwhile down here, I would only be charged as if i was calling another O2 Customer as if they lived down the street.

I looked at the tarrifs and it seams to check out on paper.
    Anyone see a flaw?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the o2 website says that its 29c per minute to receive a call on both pay monthy and speakeasy while in the uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Meteor, then optin for the T-mobile roaming rate. It is free for any meteor subscriber roaming on T-mobile to recieve calls, Then you pick the Anytime Xtra plan and register here number as your family & friend number and all calls are free to her.

Simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I don't know about O2, but if you sign up for 3, and she stays on the 3 network in Northern ireland, any call she makes comes out of her monthly allowance and any call she receives does not incur any roaming charges.

mj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i called o2 and it seems the site doesn't give all the details. on speakeasy its free to receive a call in the north and 39c per minute to make a call. that'd probably be the best thing to do because you have an o2 phone (at least that's what i understood from your post) and i assume you don't want to buy her a contract. if you do want to get her a contract, she'd have to sign up to active life 150. then calls to the republic come out of her minutes and recieving them is free

the best deal overall is meteor because its free to receive calls on pre pay and you could get the anytime xtra tariff and call her for free (€20 top up per month of course) but then you'd have to get another phone yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

I'll give it a wack then over the weekend, i'll just buy a sim down here and put it into a spare phone and see what happens.

Someone said it was 29cent to recieve calls..... Thats only in the UK far as in know, Northren Ireland is charged at dirrecent rates.

It aint a girl either lads ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'll give it a wack then over the weekend, i'll just buy a sim down here and put it into a spare phone and see what happens.

Someone said it was 29cent to recieve calls..... Thats only in the UK far as in know, Northren Ireland is charged at dirrecent rates.

It aint a girl either lads ;) lol
    Get a FREE SIM instead! http://o2freedom.o2online-media.ie/SimOrderDetail.aspx

Advertisement