Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 7

Options
  • 22-10-2007 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭

Bal 14 - 19 Buf
    Atl 16 - 22 NO
    Ari 19 - 21 Was
    SF 15 - 33 NYG
    NE 49 - 28 Mia
    Ten 38 - 36 Hou
    TB 16 - 23 Det
    KC 12 - 10 Oak
    NYJ 31 - 38 Cin
    StL 6 - 33 Sea
    Chi 19 - 16 Phi
    Min 14 - 24 Dal

Pit @ Den - Sunday late game
    Ind @ Jac - Monday Night Football

Chiefs go above .500 for the first time this year with the customary win at Oakland. Seems to be a shoe in victory for us every year! LJ rushed for 112 yards but the biggest moment of game came when Chiefs safety Jarrad Page intercepted Dante Culpepper's pass intended for Ronald Curry with under a minute remaining and the Raiders moving in for a potential game-winning field goal attempt. Jared Allen had 2 more sacks and now ties for the lead in the NFL with 8. Oh an dPriest Holmes finally made his return. Super stuff!

The Texans/Titans game was a cracker. Texans came from 35-7 down in the final quarter to lead 36-35 but Titans kicker Rob Bironas kicked his league-record eighth field goal of the game to win it.

Tom Brady had a career high 6 touchdowns in the Patriots win. They look unbeatable at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Tom Brady is a cyborg. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Tom Brady is on schedule for 61 TDs. Patriots are on pace for 637 pts!

What a wild finish in Houston! Poor feckers. They were "only" 32-7 down and 35-22 down. Did all the hard work, including recovering an onside kick.

Poor Arizona, too. Recovered an onside kick and got into FG range, but not close enough (55 yds).

How about Chicago's 97 yd drive with no time outs inside the two-minute warning?
    Steelers came back with two fourth-quarter TDs to tie it up with 70 secs to go, but Denver drove down for the winning FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

those 2 TD passes to Randy Moss. Holy Cr@P!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Washout wrote: »
    those 2 TD passes to Randy Moss. Holy Cr@P!

those TD catches by Rany Moss!! Holy Cr@p! 2 man coverage and leaps above one for the first, and then a one hand catch in end zone and the 2 guys falling over themselves. Wes Welker is proving to be one of the steals of the season. Everyone knew what Moss could do, but Welker is proving to be a huge addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The catches were better than the throws alright. Wouldn't be crowning the Pats on hammering the Dolphinsd as everyone does that... (and the Pats have played better this year I'd guess...)

Brilliant game winning drive by Griese. I'd say he pretty much ended Grossman's Bears career

The late game was a cracker with another Elam game winning field goal. With Baltimore and Pottsburgh losing the Bengals comeback win might just have saved their season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

I dont think anyone will be getting overhyped at the Pats beating the Dolphins, it'll be the Colts game that matters most.

Was watching the Pats game but switched over to the Houston game when they started their comeback, by God were they unlucky. Some kicking by Bironas. 32-7 down and then 32-22 down and managed to go ahead with a hug TD in last minute, but Titans did enough to get the win.

Was also watching bits of the Redskins Cards game, again, Cards were mighty unlucky, did so well to get the onside kick, and the normally reliable Rackers missing the go ahead score. Lots of tight games and last minute chances, and other games were teams were driving for the game tying/winning score and got overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was watching the Bears against the Eagles last night. Lucky touchdown for the Bears. Eagles defense was very impressive. Kept Hestor out of the game at least. Unlucky to lose it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Some great finishes yesterday. Watched the Bears game. Griese doesn't have many clutch drives like that to his name.

Just watched the highlights of the Texans / Titans game. How pissed would you be if you were one of the 20k Houston fans that left BEFORE the 4th quarter? :)

The Jets make me cry. Even if Pennington was excellent. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tom33

The Jets did look pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I watched the Bears game and was very impressef with Grieses last minute drive. The Texans were very hard done by! Did anyone else think that Andre Davis's catch was sublime?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I watched the Bears game and was very impressef with Grieses last minute drive. The Texans were very hard done by! Did anyone else think that Andre Davis's catch was sublime?

Ya. It was epic.

Btw, Griese's earpiece in his helmet malfunctioned before he started the final drive. He couldn't hear the sidelines and called all of the plays himself. I didn't think he had it in him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Slow coach wrote: »

Poor Arizona, too. Recovered an onside kick and got into FG range, but not close enough (55 yds).

Rackers had the distance on the kick but just shaved the left upright.

Cards are unreal missed extra point in the first half, bad snap, which caused them to have to go for 2 at end.

If they can cut out mistakes they can make the playoffs - NFC west is there for the taking.

What was the result of the Colts game on Monday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

That_Guy wrote: »
    What was the result of the Colts game on Monday night?

Colts 29 Jaguars 7

you can watch quick highlights here

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29297&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG7

Nice. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RadioActive

I can't believe the Cards blew that game. Rackers is usually spot on. I know it's a difficult field goal, but a player of his caliber should have made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I can't believe the Cards blew that game. Rackers is usually spot on. I know it's a difficult field goal, but a player of his caliber should have made it.
    He missed a PAT earlier which forced them to go for a 2pt conversion (which the missed) too

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Dodge wrote: »
    He missed a PAT earlier which forced them to go for a 2pt conversion (which the missed) too

Can't blame Rackers for PAT though - it was a bad snap that the holder took an age to get down giving the defence time to get in the block.

Advertisement