Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Think I got caught speeding

Options
  • 22-10-2007 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

First time out driving my mothers car and after about 90 seconds a Garda starts waving me down with his little wand at about 11 pm.

Was on the drummartjn link road and not sure what speed I was doing, might have been 10 k over. But the Garda jumps out from nowhere but he only makes me slow down and then waves me on.
    Me thinks he was only confirming the reg but I just want to know if they can do you with the handheld without stopping you. I can't sleep worrying about it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

If thats what he slowed you down for{to check your reg}, then its a new low for that scum,In all honesty if you were speeding wouldn't it be better to pull you over and inform you...best of luck with it,been caught a few times myself...Really hate them scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Scumbags?

kettle, pot, <insert colour>

dubambman, if the cop was going to give you speeding ticket I'm sure he would have done it there and then. If you were a couple of km over, it was probably a warning signal he was giving you.
    Should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

If he didn't pull you over and inform you then you don't have a fine.

its just a speeding fine nothing to worry about anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Rabies wrote: »
    Scumbags?

kettle, pot, <insert colour>

kettle, pot, <Donegal, Abbeylara, Corrib Gas Field, etc etc>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

*mono* wrote: »
    Those are not colours.

Motors isn't the place to discuss the above topics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Those are not colours.

lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Indymedia will rot your brain, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

If thats what he slowed you down for{to check your reg}, then its a new low for that scum,In all honesty if you were speeding wouldn't it be better to pull you over and inform you...best of luck with it,been caught a few times myself...Really hate them scumbags

Prabably the garda was giving a friendly warning to slow down.

As for *mono*'s comments above, it's wänkers like this that don't appreciate the law and decide to take the law into their own hands. Thank God we have Gardai to protect us from this scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

They are a bit evil on that road.

From what I've seen and i live in the area, They park the car along the road in among the parked cars and hide behind the wooden fence accross from the luas entrance. Also the road is a 50kph strech wide with a slight sweeping bend which is VERY hard to stick to (i do try:) generally creep up to 60).

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Thanks be to god.
    I've been bricking it especially with the driving test and insurance renewal coming up next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Goes to show that a visible active police force serves as a better, safer deterrent than a hidden camera that you can remain blissfully unaware of for months.
    Yes it really plays on your mind, I've even gone back to check whether the lads in dayglo were making a video or collecting a video (outside a particular Xtravision). Car empty, but speed check reminder was served all the same.
    In some countries they put dummy squad cars on side of road for exactly this reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

dubambman wrote: »
    I've been bricking it especially with the driving test and insurance renewal coming up next month.
    First time doing the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

best of luck with it,been caught a few times myself...Really hate them scumbags

Damn those Guards out doing their job. Slow the f**k down.

First time doing the test?

Yeah, been driving constantly for nearly 2 years though. Just missed the last 2 appointments for different reasons, actually, come to think of it, anyone know any good instructors in dublin for test prep.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Those are not colours.
    :D excellent!

as other posters have said, they would have pulled you over if it was a fine they wanted to give you, could be many reasons for what the garda did, may have been looking for a particular vehicle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

deman wrote: »
    Prabably the garda was giving a friendly warning to slow down.

As for *mono*'s comments above, it's wänkers like this that don't appreciate the law and decide to take the law into their own hands. Thank God we have Gardai to protect us from this scum!
    Your shlurr on mono (who gave him two stars? - maybe the army?) is a bit close to the bone, no? Shurely shome mishtake? Unless you're looking for a ban...garda.

And please don't bring God into this forum either - he posts unreg in PI (Personal Issues).

(@ @)
    ( ~~ )

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

dubambman wrote: »
    Yeah, been driving constantly for nearly 2 years though. Just missed the last 2 appointments for different reasons, actually, come to think of it, anyone know any good instructors in dublin for test prep.
    Were you accompanied by a qualified driver?

Were you accompanied by a qualified driver?

I was actually, but on the second provisional anyway so drive my own car unaccompanied most of the time

Advertisement