Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clusterfck With Speeding fine

Options
  • 22-10-2007 6:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

ok, this one is a bit complicated.

Myself and my missus live in Dublin, our car is registered in her name in Donegal. A couple of weeks ago, I got done for speeding on the M1 - fair dues, letter got sent to her address in Donegal, and she picked it the weekend before last. Here is where the hassles start.

1. I'm not in the country at the moment, and I only got the form the day before I was supposed to leave. As the car was registered in her name, there is a space in it for her to fill in my details - I'm guessing the proceedure is, she fills it in, sends it back and then they send me a form with my details on it for payment. Because I was going to be away, We filled in the form to say that I was driving, and I filled in my own credit card details on the same form, hoping that they would cop on what had happened, and would be able to put the points on my license and take the fine from my c/c. Is that a fair assumption? Or, as soon as they see that the person named on the letter wasn't the one driving, do they automatically start the process again from scratch?

2. As I say, I filled in my Credit Card details and sent it off - problem is, yesterday, I lost my credit card and had to cancel it. The cops havn't taken the money off yet, so when they DO go to take it off (assuming they will, and won't just send me out another letter) the payment will be refused. That's not going to be good, is it? I can't even ring to let them know what the situation is.

Anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Get your wife to go into the office and have a chat with them, assuming you are still away.

MrP

Advertisement