Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar Hero II Scratched :(

• 22-10-2007 9:54am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I bought GHII at the weekend. Brought it home threw in the disc.

I've never bought a game for the 360, it's my brothers. So I was looking for the USB port to plug in the guitar. I lifted the 360 slightly and heard a scraping noise. Was plying away and got passed the first 2 stages (Brilliant game btw).

"Cannot read disc". Took out the disc and there is a circular scratch mark through the middle of the disc.

My question, would GAME replace the disc for me? If not, would the games company replace the disc?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

MS should replace the disc for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Why would MS do that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Cos they're replacing discs that are scratched by the Xbox

From what I can see, they only replace Microsoft published games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's the OP's fault for moving the console when the game was running. AFAIK there's stickers on the tray when you buy the console telling you not to move the console while it's switched on. You're own fault and nothing anybody can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

MS only replace MS-published games (usually at a fee unless it isn't your fault, like the recent Halo 3 disc problems).

I'd bring it back to the store and play dumb, but there's a chance they won't replace it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

If the store won't take it back, the publisher will usually replace it for a fee, was about ~€15 last time I checked.
    Its probably written on the back of the manual somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Don't tell them you moved the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Moving the console was a big mistake.

Shops won't take the game back either as it wasn't scratched when it was sold.

Well it turns out there was something I could do.

Popped into Supervalu on the way home and picked up some Brasso and "Lotus pure cotton Hankies". Dabbed some brasso on the cloth and rubbed vigorously on the GHII DVD for about 30-40 minutes, all the way around.

The disc in now reading perfectly. To those who have lost DVD's to the monster that is the 360 ... all is not lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Moving the console was a big mistake.

Shops won't take the game back either as it wasn't scratched when it was sold.
    It was a mistake, although i have got new unopened disks that are scratched for manufacturing. And some shops keep the disks in a store where they can easily be scratched. There is no way they can prove he caused it if he brought it back the next day.

Anyway he sorted it out, so all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Slaanesh wrote: »
    So I bought GHII at the weekend. Brought it home threw in the disc.

I've never bought a game for the 360, it's my brothers. So I was looking for the USB port to plug in the guitar. I lifted the 360 slightly and heard a scraping noise. Was plying away and got passed the first 2 stages (Brilliant game btw).

"Cannot read disc". Took out the disc and there is a circular scratch mark through the middle of the disc.

My question, would GAME replace the disc for me? If not, would the games company replace the disc?

Yea they will replace it. Tell them you had the xbox in the verticle position while playing the game. Its a know issue with the xbox, when playing a game it can scratch the disc if its in the verticle position. There shouldn't be a problem getting it changed.

kensutz wrote: »
    It's the OP's fault for moving the console when the game was running. AFAIK there's stickers on the tray when you buy the console telling you not to move the console while it's switched on. You're own fault and nothing anybody can do.
    TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Yea they will replace it. Tell them you had the xbox in the verticle position while playing the game. Its a know issue with the xbox, when playing a game it can scratch the disc if its in the verticle position. There shouldn't be a problem getting it changed.
    Slaanesh wrote: »
    Well it turns out there was something I could do.

Popped into Supervalu on the way home and picked up some Brasso and "Lotus pure cotton Hankies". Dabbed some brasso on the cloth and rubbed vigorously on the GHII DVD for about 30-40 minutes, all the way around.

The disc in now reading perfectly. To those who have lost DVD's to the monster that is the 360 ... all is not lost.

Yes I did post again lads!

I fixed the DVD myself, brasso and cloth.

Advertisement