Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrerstling observer live-Chris Jericho

• 22-10-2007 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Hosted by Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer with no breaks. I haven't listened to it yet but I wouldn't expect too many WWE questions. Jericho is always a great interview though.

http://download.yousendit.com/B22104E26C93295F

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thanks for this. Jericho's always entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Cool. Thanks for posting. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I've been looking for this everywhere. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I probably won't get to listen to this for a while, but thanks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lol, read elsewhere that Jericho calls ROH fans a bunch of losers
    I really enjoy the wrestling in Ring of Honor, but let's be honest. Ring of Honor fans are losers."

He asked Dave how many people were there and Dave said about 350. Jericho said that since WCW used to run some of their pay-per-views from there when he worked there, he knew it was a reasonably-sized arena. He asked what the capacity was. Dave said about 13,000.

Jericho: "Now, don't you feel like a loser for being there?"

Meltzer: "Yeah, kind of."

Jericho: "Yeah, because that's what Ring of Honor fans are: losers."

A very strange sweeping comment from Jericho, but he isn't really that wrong. I am a big ROH fan, and even I see what he means. Too many ROH fans are totally stuck up their own arses because they are not 'mainstream' wrestling fans.

The typical ROH "fan" was summed up for me when Matt Hardy was appearing for them and he was booed for, em, being Matt Hardy.

So, yes, Jericho is kinda right, but alot of WWE fans are losers too, and ditto every other promotion in the world ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I agree Gimmick. I lile ROH, but some of the fans make me sick to my stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You only have to have a quick scout through some of the posts on the ROH boards to realise that sadly, ROH fans are some of the most annoying around, full stop.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its not as simple as that and I don't think you could interpret it as him bashing ROH fans. I don't think he bashed anyone in the interview. It was all very positive.

If anything he was making fun of Meltzer for being at a show in an arena with a capacity for 14,000 people with 400 people in it. I'm almost certain he never said the lines you quoted.

Dave had a good line, to pretty much end it saying he'd feel like a loser except he's talking to the legend Chris Jericho on the line. It was the way he said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I didn't feel he bashed ROH fans either. I did like his comments on ROH being a train wreck with regards to psychology and selling. Couldn't agree more!

I also liked his comments on John Cena:
    I didn't buy for a second that he wasn't a good worker and I think he's more than proven that that's the case.

He has some great stories too. I bet the book will be class. Anyone know when it's out over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but to me that just sounds like Jericho messing around. It's nothing new

The blame for ROH's attendance being so bad for their Sunday show can be placed squarely on the shoulders of those now infamous Malice in the Palace people. I heard something about Adam Pearce and some old woman getting into a shouting match. That I have to see

• Advertisement

Anyone know when it's out over here?

It's available on the American amazon website. You can get Bret Harts book from the Canadian amazon site too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

. I did like his comments on ROH being a train wreck with regards to psychology and selling. Couldn't agree more!

Not sure i can agree with that. maybe with your Jack Evans' of the promotion, but I cannot fault Danielson, McGuinness, Generico, Steen etc etc etc with their selling and psychology. Perhaps what he means is the over use of the "fighting spirit" comeback. But meh, each to their own. Didn't he actually say a few months ago he would like to work a few matches in ROH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I ordered Jericho's book last night from Amazon, along with the Bruiser Brody one.

I have to say, 350 or so people for the ROH event on the Sunday can hardly be called poor figures considering the shambles that went on before it. I read that Gabe said the weekend was deemed a financial flop, but was expecting less of a turnout for the Sunday show. Maybe this is why it took ROH so long to hit the west coast.

Hey lads,

Could someone give us a link to last night's Wrestling Observer show?

Thanks.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Could someone give us a link to last night's Wrestling Observer show?

Thanks.

Sorry, I can't. My internet was down and I missed the show. I believe Bret Hart is on next week so I'll do my best to get that 1 up. Or just join www.f4wonline.com if you like your audio!.

Its okay. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I got it here.

With Lance Storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

vince could you reup the chrisjericho interview please?

fatal wrote: »
    vince could you reup the chrisjericho interview please?

If I can find it on my PC (my computers a mess), I'll have it up by this time tomorrow.

If I can find it on my PC (my computers a mess), I'll have it up by this time tomorrow.

thanks alot dude...take your time

• Advertisement

Chris Jericho on observer live: http://download.yousendit.com/728F19A148C3C475

There's also a special deal on www.figurefouronline.com with each particular radio show (there are about 5 different ones in total) doing a free show available to everyone this week. One of the shows is Keith Lipinksi's and he'll have Chris Jericho on too.

Chris Jericho on observer live: http://download.yousendit.com/728F19A148C3C475

There's also a special deal on www.figurefouronline.com with each particular radio show (there are about 5 different ones in total) doing a free show available to everyone this week. One of the shows is Keith Lipinksi's and he'll have Chris Jericho on too.

thanks alot dude

Advertisement