Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Safety Wheel Nut

Options
  • 22-10-2007 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Got a flat over the weekend and went to change it only to find that the connection to take off the safety nut was nowhere to be seen and dont have the bag with the code on it to get a replacement, looking for any suggestions to remove the nut without wrecking the wheel or the alloy.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Call out a main dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ivan1

Thanks for the reply Henry, but forgot to say in first message had called into a main dealer and they said as i did not not have the code then i would have to try and break the nut to get it off.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I had the same problem with the wifes ford at the weekend. I called the dealer and they said nothing they could so. But took a chance and brought the car down to them and they had it off in two mins with a wrench. All that was needed after that was four new nuts.

Came to €50

Thanks for that, might call into my local dealer and see if they can do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

try a local tyre garage before aswell might be cheaper then a a main dealer

• Advertisement

Thanks again will check out the local tyre place first.

where are you located i might be able to recommend one for ya

In the Kildare/Carlow region

carfit in tougher buss park is the only one i cant think off

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hang on, go to FInlays in Newbridge, for McGard wheel nuts there are only about 8 different codes that Ford use. I lost lock nuts adaptors on 2 different Fords and they got them off both times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement