Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coonagh Cross SC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

opelmanta wrote: »
    have heard an awful lot of hype about theparkway valley one....over 50 units, basketball court, ice skating rink, cinema, theatre. also heard they will close the old parkway and build a hotel there...who knows

The Parkway used to be a hotel until 1982-3. Not sure when exactly, but my mam used to work there before it was developed into the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Like did they build the current parkway from scratch? or just change the interior?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1huge1 wrote: »
    Like did they build the current parkway from scratch? or just change the interior?

The original building was called the Parkway Motel or something like that. It is where the now closed bar is facing the Dublin Road. Afaik the original building was knocked and rebuilt. The Parkway Shopping Centre itself used to be occupied by Roadstone. The Parkway Shopping Centre was built in 1986 and the original building was about two thirds the size it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

An Fhile wrote: »
    Funworld on the Ennis Road as good quality entertainment (and even that'll be gone soon). :mad:

Is Funworld due to close??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Yup, due for a Russels/Scotts/Synnots type makeover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't you mean Scumworld? :D

I hope they do knock it, it's a magnet for scumbags hanging around outside in large swarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Remember the big fight outside it when hiaces and transits pulled up and prams and babies car seats were being used as weapons:D One of the funniest news reports ever

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bazz26 wrote: »
    Don't you mean Scumworld? :D

I hope they do knock it, it's a magnet for scumbags hanging around outside in large swarms.

QFT

I only ever play pool in the place because there is zero alternatives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

An Fhile wrote: »
    QFT

I only ever play pool in the place because there is zero alternatives.

Go to the Vic, way better than that scumhole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Melion wrote: »
    Go to the Vic, way better than that scumhole

At least scumhole is clean, the Vic is the dirtiest place ever and it has that funky smell :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Back to Coonagh Cross.....

I've been there twice now and only a week after opening the Customer Toilets were out of order - not good when you have a little one doing a jig because they are bursting to go :eek:

It is quite smaller than the Jetland Dunnes and extremely brightly lit. It reminds me of the place that Robin Williams was working in in the One Hour Photo film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Tesco's are always brightly lit though...and always have bright colour walls, tiles, etc. In comparison to Dunnes which always has a darkness to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

You need to be careful walking into and around the general area of coonagh cross sc, the motorists see it as an extension of the dual carraigeway . I was crossing the entrance road and was nearly hit by a car going 80+ km

Advertisement