Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long time no hear

Options
  • 22-10-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello to all.

Was just wondering how all TiG and NRG members are doing?
    Also what are you guys up to, are you all still playing the battlefield series or has both clans split off to new and better games?

In case you dont remember me, its Irish_Kamikaze. Been along time since the good old NRG vs TiG days and what good days they were. I miss all the banter and knife fights, along with the total TiG are better than you crap. Altho at the time it was and seemed like all out war between the two guilds i always thaught of it as good fun.
    Think i left BFV about 2-3 years ago now and went on to play BF1942 for an English clan, but after the release of BF2, BF1942 eventually hit rock bottom. So i played some BF2 but finally moved to playing World of Warcraft. Where i enjoy ganking and the likes. Got a 70 horde mage called Faylum, on Outland.
    Recently met up with Valdez another X-leader and great player from NRG. Hes also on Outland and lvling a horde pally called Barnabas, to go along with his 70 gnome warrior, Valdez, on the same server.

So hows about you old members of both TiG and NRG dish out some info on what you guys have been up to and what your doing now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Well LOL how are you. TiG are still there, few of us have left to form a new clan PoP. Both clans are playing ETQW at the moment. Good to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Nrg? :d

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

Lo fairy, been some time m8, i seen you in a BF2 game but you wouldn't reply to me, prolly cause the damn commander was spamming things. Have you been playing Battlefield all this time or have you been doing something else? and how is your clan progression, won anything? When i left you guys owned, altho i would never hav admitted it.

You just did :p. We played BF2 for a bit but really got to hate the game. Last time we played it half heartledy at Midlans, since then dont think I've played it at all.

Playing lots of ETQW at the moment, its a great game, all objective based. Finished with EA and BF* tbh, they fooked the community roite up the aris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Faylum wrote: »
    Hello to all.

Was just wondering how all TiG and NRG members are doing?
    Also what are you guys up to, are you all still playing the battlefield series or has both clans split off to new and better games?

In case you dont remember me, its Irish_Kamikaze. Been along time since the good old NRG vs TiG days and what good days they were. I miss all the banter and knife fights, along with the total TiG are better than you crap. Altho at the time it was and seemed like all out war between the two guilds i always thaught of it as good fun.
    Think i left BFV about 2-3 years ago now and went on to play BF1942 for an English clan, but after the release of BF2, BF1942 eventually hit rock bottom. So i played some BF2 but finally moved to playing World of Warcraft. Where i enjoy ganking and the likes. Got a 70 horde mage called Faylum, on Outland.
    Recently met up with Valdez another X-leader and great player from NRG. Hes also on Outland and lvling a horde pally called Barnabas, to go along with his 70 gnome warrior, Valdez, on the same server.

So hows about you old members of both TiG and NRG dish out some info on what you guys have been up to and what your doing now?

OOooooo I have never heard a FPS clan refered to as a guild before. Infact most of the clans I know would take the piss out of such a MMORPG term .

Hairy I don't see how you can play ETDW. I played the demo(or beta I can't remember which) and the game appears to be completely spray and play, as opposed to 2142 and to an extent BF2. Is the full game still like that?

• Advertisement

Hairy I don't see how you can play ETDW. I played the demo(or beta I can't remember which) and the game appears to be completely spray and play, as opposed to 2142 and to an extent BF2. Is the full game still like that?

lol and bf games aren't tbh its each to there own i was a bf2 player but after playing etqw since closed beta id never play bf2 again but like i said each to there own

ETQW http://stats.enemyterritory.com/profile/Grim. if that link dosnt work type Grim. into searh
    Bf2 http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/71191707/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

See, what you guys have going on here is a conversation.
    Boards.ie does have a private messaging facility.

So, unless anyone is going to spill beans on the schism of TiG / PoP, that's what we all really want to know :)

Lol i tryed my best to say clan, just so use to wow banter and talk i cant restrain myself from speaking the lingo. Anyway you pulled 1 word out of so many just to take the piss, lol you must be very bored or at work atm!

How do you class BF2 as not spray and pray? It was always bunnyhopping mad, full of macro users etc, and recently full of hackers. Silverfish we do not need to use PMs here. We are discussing merits of the BF2 game, or lack of merits in some cases.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Silverfish we do not need to use PMs here. We are discussing merits of the BF2 game, or lack of merits in some cases.

Some of the posts have not been doing that. It is those posts I am referring to specifically.

• Advertisement

Reviewing the posts on this thread and they are all in some way related to BF*, either about having played them, playing them, clans who have played them etc etc. Your a moderator not a bouncer. :D

Silverfish please let me know if I am the one who is going off topic and I will gladly stop posting along this line of conversation.

I just want you make it clear that I am not in any way , bad mouthing ETQW or those that play it , I really am interested in what they see in it and how it compares to the BF series.

Well I certainly would not consider 2142 a spray and pray game at all, I don't really see how anyone could. And with regards BF2 I did say to a lesser extent. For example its far less spray and pray then the UT3 demo , aswell as quake wars in my oppinion. But its more of a spray and pray when compared to 2142.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Silverfish wrote: »
    See, what you guys have going on here is a conversation.
    Boards.ie does have a private messaging facility.

So, unless anyone is going to spill beans on the schism of TiG / PoP, that's what we all really want to know :)

:whathechrist:

Yes, this is a conversation, about the BF series, on a BF forum. Please tell me why you feel the need to run in and and break it up?

To the OP, NRG are now defunct, An1m4l and Fightin' Irish still post on the NRG forums, but not much else. The rest of us moved on to Eve online and are now starting up a TF2 team, more then likely under a new name.

Let us know how the TF2 plays as a clan game will you. Good to see some action at NRG is still happening. Had some good games of BF* with you guys. See I mentioned BF* so this post is ok.

Played 2142 for a few weeks and unistalled it, so being honest i cant compare ETQW to it. BF2 as very arcadey at times especially before the later patches. ETQW can be very jumpy shooty if you want, but it can also be the latter. Its the objectives bit I like, the firefight is concentrated at one point, then it moves on etc. Some of the more inf based maps are top notch, especially Volcano.

I personally expect ETQW to be a slow burner, however having been on the Closed and Open betas when the game was in development I cant start to tell you how much effort SD put into listening to clans and players while it was being developed.

Any chance of a link to both the TiG and NRG sites?

I think I may know fighting irish through BF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Let us know how the TF2 plays as a clan game will you. Good to see some action at NRG is still happening. Had some good games of BF* with you guys. See I mentioned BF* so this post is ok.

Yup will do, we only really just decided to go with it a few days ago so it might be another while before the first clan match.

Yeah was always fun playing you lads, the rivalry was always a great laugh. Fun times trading tea bags and shock paddles in BF* :)

http://www.clannrg.com/

NRG site, now well out of date and a bit dusty.

www.theirishguard.com and www.clannrg.com from memory on the latter. Neither now play BF* though. We could always dust off the nam discs for a nights fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 =ABE=

awh nam!!! nothing will ever take its place :D
    i find etqw a good game but thats all tbh theirs not the same craic around like back in the bfv days ( mabey thats because am hardly about :eek: )

ET:BFV now! that would be a game to watch out for :rolleyes:

How about DC, do you prefer nam to that?

Yes Nam over DC I'm afraid. I'm up for organising a DC/Nam night if people will help me. I'll sort the server and a mirror for all patches and mods needed. Someone else can do the organising though, anyone interested?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

lol kami, it cannot be...

as strange as this is gonna sound, it's good to see you pop your head back in, a familiar face from back in the olden days. In bfv we had our differences but yea it was a laugh wasn't it, bfv was the most fun I've had in gaming to date tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Kami Kami kami kami kami Cameleon ..you come and goooooo you come and goooooo....ooo...ooo !! ;)
    Alright i'll contain myself :D
    Well lad hows your wee clangers ? ,ah i miss ye old banter with ya on Bfv..was class craic !!.
    Im in the same boat as a few people,the old games havnt been the same since Bfv,Bf2 was good craic but it would nearly put ya in a straight jacket the odd time so its now keeping my ashtray from scrapping my pc table,but then again a game is what you make of it.2142 on the other hand i liked,Titan mode i lurved.So at the mo im playing away on Etqw,tis not a bad game,but i'll still give Cod4 ,Crysis,Unreal a wee go aswell when released. :o

What i think is so funny now, is the fact that me and Valdez started the NRG clan with just An1m4l, we trainned fighting irish, fli and many others to the machines they are now. Yet i got banned from the forums twice and they pulled the admin right from Valdez who owns the website, lol.

I think what made BFV so good was the rivalry, between the two clans. I loved the slagging and NRG jokes. But most of all i loved the fact that when we were playing a public server ever single person was going for the gold. I mean some of the games we played were almost tied on points all the way thru. I also remember starting off the knife wars, now that was damn funny. You guys made me so paro cause there was such a prize on getting me in a knife kill. And im sure i done the same to some of you. BFV was brilliant at the time but going back to it now would ruin what great memories i have of it, since BF2 made a mockery of it and BF1942. But i do miss the TiG and NRG wars on Hue and Quang Tri. Can you guys remember how savage the killing got on them maps. House to house, hand to hand combat. It just exploded out of control, each clan trying to be better than the other and in doing this on public servers we almost made each other stronger.
    I agree with fairy tho, that all BF games are spray and pray, thats how i was so effective myself, bunny hop over your enemy and riddle with bullets and repeat if your between large numbers of enemies.

I think the true skill in that game layed in the hands of the heli pilots. Now the skill our two clans had was amazing. I remember once being chased by Dataisgod/lucutus and karma/jackabo, i stole a huey slick and you guys both had huey gunships, i stayed as low as i cud and made my own path thru the forrests, then under bridges and around buildings. When i thought i was safe i wasn't, you guys were like the police, you kept right on me and followed me along all my routes, such skill made me so scared, since back then screenshots were the only way to mock someone. But it was so much fun!!
    ABE i remember you as the easiest person to knife, you had no defence when it came to bunny hopping.

BTW who is kyp durron?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Kami you mad bastard!
    Man remember the movie you me and Valdez made about berns defection to TiG? Ah those were the good old days :D I still have that video kicking around on my HDD i think!
    Yeah the rivalry was always good, and it spurred both clans on to play the best they could which was no bad thing...its also nice to see everyone getting along now at the very least!
    Nothing will ever, ever beat 'Nam IMO tho. BF2 couldnt even come close to it, and no other online FPS ive played since then has come close to it either. I briefly played TF2 on the xbox and its crap, i assume the PC version is alot better, but good god its like a crap comedy version of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.
    Ive more or less retired from online gaming now except to play a bit of Halo 3, which despite its simplicity and the fact that its pretty much outclassed by most PC games, im enjoying alot. Doing donuts in a warthog on someones corpse is great lulz :D

You sound like An1m4l! Hes the only person nuts enough to know about wolfenstein.

And it was shadow i think that defected, i wasn't aware till now that berns defected. LoL. If you do have that movie can you try get it back on the net so i can download it, been almost too long since i seen it. BTW that movie took me and valdez 1hr to make and all the movement is me with like 3 mouses in my arms. I think at the time we were the first ones to figure out that you can use the radio commands to talk with the characters. But anyway that was a plesent memory, i remember the way TiG overreacted to it, protecting their new investment, lol :P At one stage Dataisgod tryed to report us to our web holder for death threats. That sparked An1m4l and Fighting Irish to spam the TiG forums with abuse and TiG responded with the infamous Jackabo spamming hate. Yea was a good memory.

I would like to say a big SOZ to everyone tho. My behaviour back then was very childish and abusive and im aware that i did say alot of offensive things to people which i hope can be forgotten. I know i acted with a Big head alot and im very sorry for all that crap.

After doing alot of drugs, i have become a better kamikaze. :D

LOL water under the bridge m8.

LoL great. But maybe it might be a good idea to have some sort of NRG and TiG reunion somewhere. Get some sort of a LAN going just so i can finally meet my old enemies and friends. Play BFV and BF1942 all night, would be good fun imo. Altho if i can remember most of TiG are from up the North in the sh*tty part of Ireland :P

Well the good ones where from the north.

Well the good ones where from the north.

lieesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :eek:

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    lieesssssss (not so many "S") :eek:

Agree

Advertisement