Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long time no hear

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Clan life would've been alot more boring if there was no rivalry :D
    Remember the races on that valley map? i forget the name of it now...we'd all line up in the jeeps and race from one end of the map to the other, firing M.U.T.T's at each other :D
    Or the first ever TiG v NRG game, where NRG's tactics were basically 'blow **** up' and we werent even using ventrilo or teamspeak and got absolutely pwnzored :D
    The heli wars were incredible. One thing i never managed to get good at in BF2 was the helis, i just found they were nowhere near eas easy to fly as the huey gunship or MI8...and you couldnt blast deep purple out of an apache in BF2 so the was very much ftl

Ah man this is gettin me nostalgic for BFV now...wish i hadnt uninstalled it yonks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

You could always re-install it. Come on some one step up and organise a BFV night.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

/me points at Fairy

I think Valdez still has my BFV and BF1942 CD's and by now i think he'd have lost them, :P

Yea i remember them Jeep races and the M.U.T.T. wars we had, i also remember the mortar jumps, where we'd get up onto buildings that you normally couldn't get onto. Do you remember the time we changed the server to zero gravity, and started using flak tanks to take off into the sky?.
    Or who could forget the heli stunts, where we wud all get on a chopper and while the chopper was flying everyone wud have a knife fight, bodies just flying off the choppers.
    Man so much coming back to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

If I can find it I would be interested in playing with you guys if you would have me, even though I was never in either clan.

I'll sort the server and the patches, someone else do the selling of the idea and picking of dates etc.

• Advertisement

Faylum wrote: »
    /me points at Fairy

I think Valdez still has my BFV and BF1942 CD's and by now i think he'd have lost them, :P

Yea i remember them Jeep races and the M.U.T.T. wars we had, i also remember the mortar jumps, where we'd get up onto buildings that you normally couldn't get onto. Do you remember the time we changed the server to zero gravity, and started using flak tanks to take off into the sky?.
    Or who could forget the heli stunts, where we wud all get on a chopper and while the chopper was flying everyone wud have a knife fight, bodies just flying off the choppers.
    Man so much coming back to me now.

I still have screenshots from the zero grav server night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I've a movie :o were :P was it not shadow's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When i left you guys owned, altho i would never hav admitted it.
    Quoted so that you can't change it :P

EA are f**king up Crysis, to the point of "this bug reminds me of that repeating sound bug in BFV"...:rolleyes::mad:

=-=

OP: I'd get banned if I said what I'll do to you when I actually meet you:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I would like to say a big SOZ to everyone tho. My behaviour back then was very childish and abusive and im aware that i did say alot of offensive things to people which i hope can be forgotten. I know i acted with a Big head alot and im very sorry for all that crap.

After doing alot of drugs, i have become a better kamikaze. :D

Yes you where the sole reason tig hated nrg :)
    Well the good ones where from the north.

Lies! at the start it was dataisgod and myself that where mostly the best in tig as far as i remember did get stabbed by kami once or twice though :rolleyes:

Then later on it did become the norties tbh jackabo karma yourself your real life combat experiance really started to pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

What i think is so funny now, is the fact that me and Valdez started the NRG clan with just An1m4l, we trainned fighting irish, fli and many others to the machines they are now. Yet i got banned from the forums twice and they pulled the admin right from Valdez who owns the website, lol.

I think what made BFV so good was the rivalry, between the two clans. I loved the slagging and NRG jokes. But most of all i loved the fact that when we were playing a public server ever single person was going for the gold. I mean some of the games we played were almost tied on points all the way thru. I also remember starting off the knife wars, now that was damn funny. You guys made me so paro cause there was such a prize on getting me in a knife kill. And im sure i done the same to some of you. BFV was brilliant at the time but going back to it now would ruin what great memories i have of it, since BF2 made a mockery of it and BF1942. But i do miss the TiG and NRG wars on Hue and Quang Tri. Can you guys remember how savage the killing got on them maps. House to house, hand to hand combat. It just exploded out of control, each clan trying to be better than the other and in doing this on public servers we almost made each other stronger.
    I agree with fairy tho, that all BF games are spray and pray, thats how i was so effective myself, bunny hop over your enemy and riddle with bullets and repeat if your between large numbers of enemies.

I think the true skill in that game layed in the hands of the heli pilots. Now the skill our two clans had was amazing. I remember once being chased by Dataisgod/lucutus and karma/jackabo, i stole a huey slick and you guys both had huey gunships, i stayed as low as i cud and made my own path thru the forrests, then under bridges and around buildings. When i thought i was safe i wasn't, you guys were like the police, you kept right on me and followed me along all my routes, such skill made me so scared, since back then screenshots were the only way to mock someone. But it was so much fun!!
    ABE i remember you as the easiest person to knife, you had no defence when it came to bunny hopping.

BTW who is kyp durron?

Wtf are you talking about? :D Sorry to step in here and ruin your "dreamed up" version of events but here goes. For bfv times I was not there, Fuzzylogic had asked me if I wanted to join NRG after playing the bf2 demo a bit. At this stage you were not around much, I had seen 2-3 month old posts on the forums from you. I vanished about 2 months in for school exams and such and came back to a near dead or very inactive clan. An1m4l and I and Fighting talked about a few things when I got back, and after a few weeks playing I took over as lead, with Tjarn doing as much work as myself to assist with tactics and whatnot.

Anyone that wants to say that I had not put my heart and soul into leading NRG at the time can say so now and say it to me here. Rivalerys aside we had some good times against TiG, GFF and 1st-IB and a few other clans that we found friends and enemies in. (think its BCC im forgetting, sorry) I remember banning you from the forums for acting the tard. Which after reading this thread I will not change that decision. The site hosting is Valdez' and if he wants to give you rights to it fine. But don't sit here and bull**** about us removing Valdez admin rights, his account is still reg'd on the site, if he has misplaced his password all he has to do was to pm me on here or clannrg.com and I can change it for him. Don't start this maniacal ****e you did on the forums last time. Go crawl back into the hole you disappeared into last time and stay there. kthk bye.

o/ to all the old bf2 lads, tiggers hate/love you all so much, you'll find me in eve and tf2 lately if ya's want a few games again, on the GFF tf2 server alot.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Wow and the thread had become all nice and friendly and everything :( ..

Wow and the thread had become all nice and friendly and everything :( ..

I'm nice and friendly I just don't like people lying to big themselves up and seem like the good guy :D

Yer ma DarkIreland, the North v the South clan matches always ended up with the North Pwning Joo's. The Nordies carried this through to BF2 where we again ruled the roost, Karma, Fairy, Jackabo, and Joe being some of the best players.:D I sense a North v South series in the making here as well.

R0ot wrote: »
    I'm nice and friendly I just don't like people lying to big themselves up and seem like the good guy :D

I think the thread has a sense of bygones are bygones scrapper though of course you are entitled to post about your BF clan history.

Yer ma DarkIreland, the North v the South clan matches always ended up with the North Pwning Joo's. The Nordies carried this through to BF2 where we again ruled the roost, Karma, Fairy, Jackabo, and Joe being some of the best players.:D I sense a North v South series in the making here as well.

Which team am I allowed on? Im geographical north but political south :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Heh im not pissing on the norties parade ;p jackabo scared the **** out of me in any city combat enviorment karma was always good and just got better lol remember this time we where playing a clan match against some english team when half their team walked right past the two of us we literally stood there looking at each other wondering how they didnt see us then went and pwned them ^_^. and you i think started slowly but got crazy good in the end .......they where good times we had fairy \o/ we have a a great team Data me you karma jackabo brendy archangle chunks devilmonkey shadow winter's jimeatsworld and many other's i cant remember ...... think they where the best days of meh online gameing life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

lol right auld reunion in here :)
    I just wish another game came about with the same amount of Irish playing ,Vietnavan server days were deffo the best craic i've had gaming,though i think my drunken animal noises got me in trouble alot :D
    Banter between clans when you look at it now was needed,it fueled the edge to out better the other i think.Ah bring back the North V South matches, they we're class craic,though you Southies fought like the French :P

R0ot wrote: »
    Wtf are you talking about? ranting etc
    :D

Chill Scrapper :D
    Evedryone knows you and Tjarn sorted us out, lets keep the friendly buzz going!

Fave BFV memory?

Booby trapping flags with bouncing bettys, and standing back to watch the hilarity as wave after wave of enemies died trying to cap it :D

Root or scrapper what ever your name is, i never once said that NRG was run by an idiot did i? Nor did i talk about the time after i left. You joined the clan 2months after i left and tbh thank f**k. Muppets like you that get offensive about things you have no idea about really just p*ss me off. YOU WERE NOT IN NRG WHEN I WAS!!! So why are you even posting up here?
    You were never in the clan when NRG and TiG were constantly fighting for poll position. You came in shortly after, when it had died down. You missed almost all the fun tbh.
    I dont know why you exploded just there, since you confirmed what i said about being banned for no reason. Ask any of the old members and they will tell you that i was well known as a spammer, people excepted this and we had alot of fun on the forums. And i was talking with Valdez last friday and he said he no longer has rights to the website!
    If me or Valdez did not make that clan you would never have been a leader of it. Now maybe you did put your heart and soul into it, maybe you are a great player but you shouldn't even be posting in this thread, it was intended for all the old people i use to know, hate, fear and love, it was a thread for people i use to play with. Yet i never played with you and thankfully since you seem to be far too serious.
    Don't take this the wrong way, you could be a really nice guy but i just think your a tosser!! kek.

Anyway can someone post back up the old NRG movie called traitor? Thats a film i would like to keep as some good old memories.

Oh and that must be An1m4l since you love drinking and messing with boobytraps. I remember you once talking about planting them traps around a flag on the ho chi mihn trail (think thats the map) and you were talking about how stupid people were and how they kept walking into the traps. Was so funny since you were top of the table and you hadn't even fired a bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Keep the name calling to a minimum please. Even if only banter.

• Advertisement

Hay winters, whats up man? you still playing the battlefeild series?

Advertisement