Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioshock Ending *spoilers*

• 22-10-2007 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

So I finished Bioshock at the weekend and I have to say that the ending was a bit of a let-down.
    I was so drugged up on ADAM that there's no way I couldn't have beaten Atlas. Even with a handful of Splicers and some security bots all going at me at once, I still came out of it with near full health...

Did anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, the game was piss-easy, even on hard difficulty. I still loved every second of it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm currently working my way through it and also find it very very easy.. similar to Gears of War (but GoW has some difficulty in later stages). Have had it for about a week and have played it for about 2 hours a night for 3 - 4 nights.

Am a fair bit through it i'd imagine (left it last night
    in Fontaine's home looking for Lot 192
    )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Shows how bad i am at games... I played thorugh on normal and i thought it was challenging at some bits. Great game though, whether it was easy ornot. Houdini Splicers scare the crap out of me!

Did you harvest or rescue the Little Sisters coz there stwo ending and the one where you rescue them is meant to be much better (which is what i done)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I saved all the Little Sisters (on both play throughs) and thought the ending was quite good, simple but effective. The other ending doesn't really work though, not unless you intentionally set out to be evil. Most people are just left confused by it, not realising that a single bad decision they made was going to haunt them for the rest of the game.

Bioshock would have been perfect if it had no difficulty setting at all and instead made it so that the player's choices regarding the little sisters directly effected how easy/hard the each level became. So choosing to harvest a little sister meant more adam, which meant more plasmids, which meant more dead splicers. Where as choosing to save the little sisters meant less adam, less powerful plasmids, making each subsequent level harder to survive. As a result the game's moral choice would have had a real effect on the gameplay. Maybe this was supposed to be the idea before it all got toned down.

Nitpicks aside I still consider it GOTY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

My two cents - it's an easy game *but* the game is just so much to play - fantastic story, it looks great, wonderful music and atmosphere. I could go on and on, but you get the idea :)

Also, one of the best games I've played on the Xbox 360 so far.

- Neil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just finished it there...
    how easy was Atlas?!

But there's a couple of achievements i missed out on - didn't get all the Little Sisters and missed out a lot of the research areas. Didn't really think they meant much til i look at my achievements at the end of the game.

So gonna work through it again and rescue every little sister and aim for the fully research subjects achievements and fully weapon upgraded achievements.

Fantastic game doubt... without a doubt the game of the year!

I har

basquille wrote: »
    So gonna work through it again and rescue every little sister and aim for the fully research subjects achievements and fully weapon upgraded achievements.

And don't forget finding all the audio diaries. There's a few you can't go back for if you miss them and some that are pretty well hidden. You should aim for 1000 achievement, it's fairly easy, just check out the xbox360achievements.org forums for a guide. I managed it on my second play-through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah Im going to do the same. Have a few researchs to do in full and find all the audio diaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

I hated the vita-chamber thing - coming back to life with your enemies health still depleted just as when you died.

Halo 3 campaign has it problems, but play it on legendary and there are a few bits that are really difficult, that you keep getting killed on, but you know that just one more go and you'll crack it. The "Just one more go" factor is key in FPS's and Bioshock just didn't have it. I would have liked if the reviews made a bigger deal of the lack of difficulty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Can someone give me a brief run-down of the good ending? i harvested all the way cos i wanted the power dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Can someone give me a brief run-down of the good ending? i harvested all the way cos i wanted the power dammit!

You should be able to find them both on YouTube.

The good ending is exceptionly better than the bad ending... which is bad in more ways than one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

You should be able to find them both on YouTube.

The good ending is exceptionly better than the bad ending... which is bad in more ways than one...

Bad ending is bad... I mean
    what is a nuclear sub doing in the middle of the Atlantic looking for survivors? With its launch bay doors open??

Advertisement