Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

considering Honda Accord Type S

Options
  • 22-10-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

howdy am considering getting a year old accord type S in Jan 08.
    what would i expect to pay for one with average mileage?

i can see that from the honda site that they are available in auto too, but havent seen any auto ones for sale second hand. what would an auto one cost over a manual?

are they any good in automatic? why are they so scarce?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Automatics are scarce in Euorpe in general because they consume more petrol on average.

Check CBG or something for average prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Search on www.autotrader.co.uk I think BT35 7NB is a kosher postcode for Newry - you need a UK postcode to search.

UK cars are usually much higher spec than Irish 'poverty spec'. You will get a better spec car for a lower price.

Honda auto boxes have a v. good reputation. Accord has tiptronic too.

Autos (in many cars) are scarce for a few reasons. They are dearer; punters think they're not macho; they use slightly more fuel. The business though - esp tiptronic!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Are you talking the 2.4 Type-S, or the Irish 2.0 "Type-S"? There was a 2.4 here for a while (I drove one of the first in the country at the time), but it didn't sell well and was replaced by a 2.0.

At a glance the 2.4 has two tail pipes, the 2.0 has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I've said it before and ill say it again, i find the 2.4 6 speed better of a drive than a Merc S-Class, absolutely flawless drive!! My mams partner has a '03 2.4 Six speed manual, and its just awesome!

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 satellite07

JHMEG wrote: »
    Are you talking the 2.4 Type-S, or the Irish 2.0 "Type-S"? There was a 2.4 here for a while (I drove one of the first in the country at the time), but it didn't sell well and was replaced by a 2.0.

At a glance the 2.4 has two tail pipes, the 2.0 has one.

hi there i was aiming at the 2.0 , prefer to keep the road tax down, and i would imagine the 2.0 would be loads anyways. i was looking around and could not find any second hand type S auto! not one! any ideas

i would prefer to go auto as i always wanted an auto, and now is my chance.

thanks for the replies. what would be a good price to pay for a year old type S auto in Jan 08 with average mileage? does the fact that they are so hard to come accross mean that they will hold good value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

The 2.0 Type S Auto only came on the scene in the last year or so. AFAIK it has really just got (sporty looking) cosmetic add ons over the std/sr or exec spec. The 2.0 engine is the very same bhp in all. Autos would normally be bought in the more luxurious/conservative exec spec, hence no type s around. Accords are a well built car but they are not quite in the same league as the current Legacy for example, which offers exactly what you would like. The 2.0 auto from late 2006 on (with a bhp increase & recognisable with twin exhaust pipes) are very well equipped, excellent build quality, reasonable enough costs to service and dynamically superior.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&MakeID=29&xMakeID=29&ColourID=&xColourID=&ModelID=251&xModelID=251&Doors=&BodyID=&Engine_Min=&Year_Min=&Engine_Max=&Year_Max=&Price_Min=&Price_Min_integer=Minimum+price+entered+was+not+an+integer.&CountyID=&xCountyID=&Price_Max=&Price_Max_integer=Maximum+price+entered+was+not+an+integer.&BusinessID=&xBusinessID=&IsPrivateSale=&AutomaticOnly=yes&FuelID=&Mileage_Max=&Mileage_Max_integer=Max+mileage+entered+was+not+an+integer.&SortBy=MakeAsc&MaxRows=100&InsertPeriod=&ResultFormat=&submit=Find+%3E%3E

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

My boss here has an Accord Type S Auto (2.0) and I recently did one for one of the rep's. 2 very happy drivers with their cars, both are 07 so there may be some available 2nd hand next year, but they are rare enough - although both were bought ex. stock so it wasn't something that was so scarce.

For a low mileage 2007 model in the new year, you'd probably be paying almost what a brand new Manual version would cost you, but it would hopefully hold it's value better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

try a japanese version.....lower milage more extras and probably in better nick.
    try this crowd in the uk,the last time i looked they had one...keighley performance,or keighley motorsport cant remember

Advertisement