Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you go out?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Do you travel to other towns or do you just stay local mostly?

The nightclub in Ardee in fairly sh!t so I'd be in Dundalk a good lot, Drogheda the odd time and Carrick and Newry on occasions but some people stay in the same town 52 weeks of the year. Couldn't do this myself.

Where do you go out mostly? 20 votes

Dundalk
    0% 0 votes
    Drogheda
    50% 10 votes
    Navan
    25% 5 votes
    Ardee
    5% 1 vote
    Carrick
    5% 1 vote
    Dublin
    0% 0 votes
    Newry
    10% 2 votes
    Belfast
    0% 0 votes
    Stay local most of the time in a small country pub
    0% 0 votes
    Ya wouldn't know where I'd be sure
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I'm of the same opinion. Hate the thoughts of going to the same place every weekend..Same people seeing each other. I would generally go out in Dundalk but when i'm bored of it i would just save a bit of extra cash and go away somewhere for the weekend. Belfast is a good place to go for a night out. Good bands playing, relatively cheap, not to far to go for 1 night. Newry's all right as well. Never really head to Dublin myself.. Didn't go to college there,so not really familiar with the scenario..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Just go to the local pubs in Drogheda these days. Late drink in Star the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Dundalk on the weekends, out here in Sligo during the week and the odd time..up to 21s in Dublin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ibh wrote: »
    I'm of the same opinion. Hate the thoughts of going to the same place every weekend..Same people seeing each other...

JEEZ! There are over 100 pubs in Dundalk and in excess of 35,000 people (plus all that come in from the surrounding area.) There's absolutely no need to visit the same place every week or meet the same people without spending your cash in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

JEEZ! There are over 100 pubs in Dundalk and in excess of 35,000 people (plus all that come in from the surrounding area.) There's absolutely no need to visit the same place every week or meet the same people without spending your cash in the North.

Well for starters i make my cash in the North. It's is of the northern variety so i don't lose a fortune changing my money.
    Secondly, i'd be really impressed if you named 100 pubs in Dundalk. Like some of them are clearly uninhabitable. I hope ur not counting 'The Cosy Bar' in that 100, cause its closed now.

I do understand the point ur making but i would argue that not all pubs are to my tastes so i end up hanging round the same few places. I was more talking about the nite-club / disco venues. I only go to Ridelys because of the age bracket i'm in. I know lots of smallish towns have this problem, just gets to me at times. I have lived in cities with loads of venues and it just broadens the horizons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement