Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good restaurant in Carlow suitable for a business meeting?

• 22-10-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

As the thread says, I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend a good restaurant in Carlow suitable for a business meeting.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

madds wrote: »
    As the thread says, I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend a good restaurant in Carlow suitable for a business meeting.

Many thanks!

what time are you thinking of for the meeting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Between 5pm and 6pm. It's not really a formal business meeting, more of a thank you to someone who has done me and my business a favour. I'm not familiar with Carlow town so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

lemongrass is a favourite of mine and the italian connections both are really good:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Brooks in Dinn Ri isn't too bad either but don't think that the night menu starts till 5:30 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Raz0rblade

could try the liberty tree at the 4* talbot

• Advertisement

lemongrass is a favourite of mine and the italian connections both are really good:D

the italian connection is nice but your always squasged up near other people, not a bi fan of lemongrass
    Raz0rblade wrote: »
    could try the liberty tree at the 4* talbot

the liberty tree from experience on 3 occasions has never been fantastic.

the old schoolhouse in castledermot is fantastic, lautrec on tullow street is very nice too, as is beams on dublin street, only opens saturday evenings though. Piccola italian is lovely too.

I have heard some very mixed reviews about Piccola italian? anybody else been here to see what it is like?

really depends on what your going for...
    nice meal and a quiet & serious meeting or pub grub and some brainstorming.
    carlow has some good places, people could recommend them all, in the end it comes down to what impression you want to give to the clients/business people your dealing with.
    could go out of town and try the lord bagenal in leighlinbridge

used to work with one of the staff there, says the food is decent but portions are small. service can be good depending on who you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Raz0rblade wrote: »
    really depends on what your going for...
    nice meal and a quiet & serious meeting or pub grub and some brainstorming.
    carlow has some good places, people could recommend them all, in the end it comes down to what impression you want to give to the clients/business people your dealing with.
    could go out of town and try the lord bagenal in leighlinbridge

Although i'm a big fan of the lord bagenal it can be a little noisy at times, being popular and whatnot. If that'd be an issue it may need to be considered. Same with the Seven Oaks. The Dolmen Hotel on the Kilkenny Road has been usually quiet enough whenever I've been there, all three do good grub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 skypette

italian connection very good. or talbot very prof. but lemongrass no go. staff horrible and layout noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

its all just a matter of opinion on wot food you like. I tink the staff in lemongrasss are very good and I love that u can actually see the food been made (which is why its noisy) I tink I prefare noise than wondering if someone has spit in my food r anything:p

skypette wrote: »
    italian connection very good. or talbot very prof. but lemongrass no go. staff horrible and layout noisy.

I have to say i totally disagree on the talbot for food..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 skypette

I have to say i totally disagree on the talbot for food..

at least we agree on the lemongrass....

skypette wrote: »
    at least we agree on the lemongrass....

no not there either, but it's not my type of foof to be honest.. i only went once and would never go back to it

Lemongrass is a disgrace. The service is atrocious. Ordered a take away from there a few months ago and ended up waiting 90 minutes for it.. I nearly cracked up waiting for it.

Decided to give it another shot a few weeks ago and went for a sit-down meal. Sat down @ 9 pm and had ordered within 15 minutes that was OK but once they removed the starter plates we were left sitting there for another 55 minutes before they served us the main course [which was only a curry and a stir fry]. While we were waiting we had seen 2 couples arrive, eat and leave!

Maybe they were once offs but I have heard of similar rumors of poor service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The new gourmet restaurant in the Lord Bagenal Inn is head and shoulders above all restaurants in Carlow. In fact its one of the best restaurants Ive eaten in, in Ireland. Its ideal for a business meeting also as the restaurant itself is spacious. Im from the village, my father works in Kildare but he brings all his customers who are visiting to The Lord Bagenal for their meetings, which is a long way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The Talbot is a nice spot to meet for a coffee / drink and you won't have problems with parking, screaming kids or drunken students :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Still havent been to the Talbot. The location is the problem for me, ideal for you tho BK?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Still havent been to the Talbot. The location is the problem for me, ideal for you tho BK?!
    It's perfect for us :)

And we don't have to deal with the mess around the bridge!

• Advertisement
Advertisement