Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download limit reset?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 12:17pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question for you knowledgable folk. I have exceeded my download limit for this month on BT broadband, and I am wondering when it gets reset. Is it per calendar month or is it depending on when you joined (i.e. if you started using on the 24th of a month, is the 24th always your reset date)?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

when you check online does it not give you the date?

Not sure with BT but AFAIK it follows your billing date.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It says the date you subscribed on the history page, and the amount you have used. However, it doesn't state the period, although it does say 'October Summary' at the top, so unfortunately I think it is probably by calendar month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

its per calendar month

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was hoping it wasn't. Cheers. I may have to make alternative arrangements for 'things' for now, and be a bit more selective in future. Damn limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I always break my cap every month with no penalty, except for one month they cut me off for one day. I am usually at 50-60GBs down per month and hit 90-100GBs on a couple of occasions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement