Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Perfume

• 22-10-2007 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I need to get some new perfume. I have Boss and Joop Go. Would like to try something new. Any ideas from a ladies point of view.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well call it aftershave for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Armani Code - my other half wears it, mmmmm!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Not a lady, but every lady I know loves Jean Paul Goultier, The blue man shaped bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

dancor wrote: »
    Not a lady, but every lady I know loves Jean Paul Goultier, The blue man shaped bottles.

+1. Very sexy smell!
    (I'm a laydee too BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

There was a big thread on this a while back....anywhoo

A lot of people agreed Abercrombie 'Fierce' was a big winner amongst the ladies.

[FYI: you cant buy this in Ireland btw only from an abercrombie shop i do believe]

=]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Jean Paul Gautier is just divine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I'm a bloke and was thinking the same thing. I'm a bit sick of JPG and every second person seems to wear it. Currently smell of CK 1 and Hugo Boss orange special every other day. But when Im meeting a special lady I go for Armani Code. Has JPG had its day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Currently wearing

Hugo Boss: In motion (green)
    Clinique: Be happy
    Issey Miyake(sp?)
    Channel: Allure homme sport

Clinique: Be happy is a gem of a day smell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My personal fave is Divine's L'homme de coeur.
    Acca Kappa's White Moss is a really nice fresh fragrance and perfect for the day time.
    Some of the Creed collection is nice, I like Mountain Water and Erolfa.
    But if you feel like splashing the cash then Clive Christian's No. 1 for men is very very nice or you could settle for the cheaper X for men which is also very nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Thanks for all the tips folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ClauClau

Armani Code - my other half wears it, mmmmm!!!!

Mine too! Its suuuuuch a nice scent, and it lasts as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Burberry Touch is my favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Daisies wrote: »

This is THE nicest male scent out there. "Le Male" by Jean Paul Gaultier.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Another for Armani Code - I could drink the stuff its that nice!

As for the Joop you own - get rid! Although I am just saying that as her in doors works in a large retail store and the travelling community always coming into spray themselves with the testers or buy it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It's got to be L'homme by Yves Saint Laurent. Every lady I have showed it too loves it on the menfolk. It's like pheremones in a bottle. Every time I smell it my knees go weak. A few of my friends bought it for their bfs (me included) once they'd sampled it. Although, our bfs all smell the same now which is weird!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

watna wrote: »
    It's got to be L'homme by Yves Saint Laurent. Every lady I have showed it too loves it on the menfolk. It's like pheremones in a bottle. Every time I smell it my knees go weak. A few of my friends bought it for their bfs (me included) once they'd sampled it. Although, our bfs all smell the same now which is weird!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Daisies wrote: »

love it but gives me head ache's.

i love angle blue on men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I've done completely off JPG. I just associate it with shams, the boy band and wannabe YUPPIES from the inner city. For some reason the lesuire wear brigade seem to bath in the stuff. Generally able to smeel them from from miles off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

dudara wrote: »
    This is THE nicest male scent out there. "Le Male" by Jean Paul Gaultier.

OH MY GOD LOVE IT on my man!!

Also Hugo Boss is pretty fab

And Armani (the black one :D)

You'll smell fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Em, Issey Miyake for men. No contest.....it's pheremones in a bottle!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

1. Armani Code
    2. Baldessarini Ambre (not sure where you can get it here)
    3. Channel Alure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

aftershave called sexy men!! mmmmmm yummmy has to be the best!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

If you want something new and not overly-citrusy (i.e. smelling like a 14 year old boy at a school disco) I've heard Tom Fords aftershave is nice and musky :)

On the other hand, Issey Miyake is always a good bet. Black XS is nice too, think thats Paco Rabanne

Advertisement