Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAX/MSP Stutter

Options
  • 22-10-2007 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

hey,

was wondering does anyone know where to get the stutter plug-in for max/msp the same one Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead uses.

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I think the stutter~ object comes as part of the standard Max/MSP library. Or are you referring to a custom patch/plugin based on stutter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭deathronan

cornbb wrote: »
    I think the stutter~ object comes as part of the standard Max/MSP library. Or are you referring to a custom patch/plugin based on stutter?

No its a custom patch apparently for guitar Jonny Greenwood uses it on Hail to the Thief u can see him use it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKCwDJ7ZUc its well cool:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You never know, he might release it on the internet judging by how liberal Radiohead have been with releasing their material recently ;) I've previously come across patches made and used by Autechre floating around on the internet.

If not you'd better get coding! There is a discussion on the NI forums on reproducing the patch in question in Reaktor, that might be of some help: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=47599&highlight=johnny+greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i'm fairly sure I have that patch. Found it on a radiohead forum I think. Don't have max installed on my new computer so can't tell you.

cornbb wrote: »
    You never know, he might release it on the internet judging by how liberal Radiohead have been with releasing their material recently ;) I've previously come across patches made and used by Autechre floating around on the internet.

If not you'd better get coding! There is a discussion on the NI forums on reproducing the patch in question in Reaktor, that might be of some help: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=47599&highlight=johnny+greenwood

Hopefully they do release its class, I have friend studying Max/msp in college so im gonna see if he could have a stab at it for me

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    i'm fairly sure I have that patch. Found it on a radiohead forum I think. Don't have max installed on my new computer so can't tell you.

You couldnt email to me whatever you think it is you have, im mad to get my hands on it

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

everyone talks about that solo being done on max/msp but i really don't think it is. i think its just the hold function on a boss dd6 being used to create very rapid repeats on some notes. thered be no need to go to the hassle of using max. i know johnny is big into max and its definitely used on their albums but i think this is just a rumour.

Advertisement