Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Mounting a 46" (33kg) on a chimney breast!

Options
  • 22-10-2007 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi there,

I know this issue has been addressed before, but I have a slight variable;

I'm looking to mount the Sony KDL-46X3500 I bought last week with a Vogel EFW6445 (I think. It's the €400 one in sony centres, extend and rotate - 32"-42"or max 55kg). Basically the fire will be used from time to time, and I'll be checking how much heat comes up. I'm also worried about the heat behind the fixings to the wall. Could any heat seeping through coz them to loosen and drop the TV??

Also, who do I contact to get this done professionally? I got a number off the sony centre but I'd like to have a bit of variety.

Let me know what you learned folk think anyway!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I'm also worried about the heat behind the fixings to the wall. Could any heat seeping through coz them to loosen and drop the TV??

I sincerely doubt that the heat in a chimney breast would be sufficient to cause the fixings to loosen. I can't suggest someone to do it for you, but would presume that they would use anchor bolts for mounting the bracket, it should be fine.

Ritz

Advertisement