Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Ashtown or environs hear that noise?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 1:39pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Lads and Lassies
    Over the last couple of days there's been a sound blasting around the area like a stage being set up for a big gig. Anyone know if there's anything going on? Maybe its something in the park?

One of my neighbours has asked me to keep it down, they thought it was me and the band practising!! Cheek, We're Much louder than that!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Thats the big top in the Phoenix park - opposite the hole in the wall, part of the heineken green energy i think - all i know is Ian Brown is playing Sunday and i'll be there - good few gigs there this and next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I suggest you bring some ear plugs then. I must be a good mile and a half away from the hole in the wall (River Rd) and its bloody loud here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

yeah - i was home on my lunch today - the music was mad noisy - enrique englasis was is plaing this week i think - looks like we have 3 weeks of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You sure its not the joyriders burning oout their vehicles in the fields opposite the River road ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

gurramok wrote: »
    You sure its not the joyriders burning oout their vehicles in the fields opposite the River road ? :D

man them little chav ****ers wreck my head.

and my mate's car was broken into tonight, wallet + phone taken from the secure underground car park.

Joke I tell ya, them management extorsion useless idiots should be screwed for this.

But haven't heard that thing man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

gurramok wrote: »

I did think there was a muppetmobile parked in the sitting room alright the first night I heard it.

I'm glad I dont live on Blackhorse ave. Mind you if you like Arcade Fire it wouldnt be so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Jay D wrote: »
    and my mate's car was broken into tonight, wallet + phone taken from the secure underground car park..

Why would you leave your wallet and phone in a car? :confused:

I lived in Rathborne a few years ago, twice I was on my balcony and looked down into the car park and saw some knacker trying to rob a car or steal alloys! Can't believe it hasn't improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

deswalsh wrote: »

I'm glad I dont live on Blackhorse ave. Mind you if you like Arcade Fire it wouldnt be so bad.

I am in Belleville and we were well able to hear Ardade Fire for the last two evenings, looking forward to the rest of the line-ups for the coming week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I live 3 miles away in Carpenterstown (near Coolmine train station). On Tuesday night I could hear the gig. Not clearly but it sounded like someone with a loud car stereo.

Those at the gig must be deafened! I've been wearing ear plugs at gigs for the last 15 years. You can still hear everything clearly (except when the sound equipment is crap) but you don't get the ringing afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Im living in Finglas West and I could hear it last night. I was less than impressed. :mad: Got some earplugs for tonihgt though. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement