Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEAM v SACH vacuum systems

Options
  • 22-10-2007 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Has anyone installed either of the above vacuum systems?

I have received quotes for both systems and SACH were cheaper.

However the sales rep for Beam claims that their system has a much better motor and will way out live any of their competitors.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I have neither manufacturers and I can't remember the make I have installed, but I can say that the higher wattage is important. Mine has what I would call acceptable power at the wall socket despite having what I believe to be a 1700W motor in the press.
    I'd guess I'm seeing about 800W's of suction at the outlet with a lot of loss through the length of tubing and minor losses from outlets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tracy20

Can't really give any advise but am very interested in these systems once I get the house off the ground.!!! How expensive are they/ how much would I looking at setting aside??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I have a Euroflow system. It works well and low maintenance in the last four years. My advice would be to go for a powerfull motor (the agent convinced me I didn't need the next model up, but I wish I had gone for it). Make sure you plan well for the outlets and get one hose for each floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

installed a Beam System 1800yoyo installed - it appears to working okay
    but saying that we're in very much the "testing phase" of the build now
    making sure everything working okay

as Zynks said don't forget to get two vacuum hoses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 termon8r

The quotes I have received for my house (3300 sq ft) from each company are:

SACH - €1500
    BEAM - €2100

The BEAM rep was informed me that the motor on the BEAM system will way out live the SACH motor. Not sure whether to believe him or not. €600 is a big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

termon8r wrote: »
    The BEAM rep was informed me that the motor on the BEAM system will way out live the SACH motor. Not sure whether to believe him or not. €600 is a big difference!

600 is indeed a lot of money u could buy a few motors for that..all i can say is get yr hand on the technical specs of each system and take it from there.

Would you consider instaslling it yourself? I bought my system for €800 and installed it in two days. I didn't find it particularly complicated at all. In many countries they are sold as DIY packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 harto

Take a look at the Smart vacuum system also. I think they are the same set of machines as Beam, from the one manufacturer only badged as Beam and Smart. Smart vacuums are sold by Murphy Enterprises in Limerick. I paid 1200 for a DIY kit and was pretty straightforward to do.

Harto
    www.helpmebuildandrenovate.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 diydan

Check out www.cyclovac.ie They are a new to the irish market and from what I gather have a very powerful range of systems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

Did you try the Duo vac Central Vacuum systems, very good system and reasonably cheap, we have one installed 3 yrs now and not a bit of trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Two top of the range regular hoovers will cost about €500 each. So why not just get one for each floor and save a bundle? No worries about blockages behind the walls and easier to fix if something goes wrong?

I could never understand the attraction of built in vacuum systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭qazxsw

don't know if beam have a bag but my system is cyclonic - no bag

don't have specs - am at work at the moment - working ok for 18 months now. 1200 as far as I remember

Installed as a diy job when building house - pipes in ground before concrete poured for floor.

http://www.vacuflo.ie/

can't think of any advantages over trad system other than :)
    1. Not having to drag machine around from room - (therefore better back, and backswing)
    2. Not having to empty bags (bucket has to be emptied approx 4/5 months)
    3. Not having to replace filters
    4. Not having to buy filters
    5. Not having to listen to the racket (my vacuum is in garage - only noise is moving air, not motor - very quiet relatively)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Biggest advantage as far as I'm aware is the lack of recycled dust.

In any vacuum regardless of how good the filter is a certain amount of dust goes straight through and back into the air. If you drag a vacuum around the house with you the dust is also redistributed. If you have a vacuum unit in your utility or garage then any dust that gets through is localised to their.

Also, those toe-kick unit add-ons so you avoid a dustpan are cool!

sas wrote: »
    Biggest advantage as far as I'm aware is the lack of recycled dust.
    That is the main reason why I bought mine also. I wouldn't like to see what that dust that passes through the bag looks like in a microscope :eek:

Have you noticed the strange smell that sticks to the inside of your nose with traditional VCs?

So, health is mine main reason to go for central, and quieter cleaning would be the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

I paid 1980 for the Beam system. 3400 sq ft house. Great job, great suction, no dust distributed in thre house. Not dragging around hovers up and down stairs marking floors. Also it is alot quieter and the suction is excellent. It seems like a lot of money. However Im thinking of 10-15 years usage not 2-3 years. I did not install myself. Im sure it is not too difficult. I was putting the pipes under a poured floor so I wanted to be sure everything was 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I'm on my third self installed DuoVac system.........

its the dogs..........and the most cost effective imho. Installed into a large 4 bed dormer for approx €1200 - unbeatalbe in value,reliability and back up service.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement