Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Live line' caller murdered last night..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Thats an awful thing to say.

Only people who call Adrian Kennedy need to be murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mairt wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1022/finglas.html

HAHAHA.

Another cocksucker gets it in the head.

:D

nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

WTF kind of statement is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I love the line about Bertie saying we "need to stop accepting casual violence".

Sure Bertie, it's OUR fault.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Had he not been released from MountJoy after serving his time? Can anyone say this is a good thing?

Don't get me wrong I am sure he was scum but just wondering if people think shootings like this are ok.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    Had he not been released from MountJoy after serving his time?
    Can't you just ask him?

I starting to doubt your powers dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

shane86 wrote: »
    Thats an awful thing to say.

Only people who call Adrian Kennedy need to be murdered.

Actually that did make me laugh!.

Dragan wrote: »
    Can't you just ask him?

Now that made me laugh even more than the last guy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

People don't normally shoot you without a good reason... at least in Ireland anyway!

Can't you just ask him?

:D:D:D Ha ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

jester77 wrote: »
    People don't normally shoot you without a good reason... at least in Ireland anyway!

"Yes, my client accepts that he shot this man, your honour, but in his defence he had a very good reason"

"Oh OK then, case dismissed"

:D :rolleyes:

Actually I tried to ask him on my Ouija Board but it was all text speak so gave up.

6th wrote: »
    Actually I tried to ask him on my Ouija Board but it was all text speak so gave up.

lmao

We need bullet control!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

[url]
    HAHAHA.

:D[/url]

Im sure his family would find this hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Good to hear....... There was a lot of talk around here("Here" being Finglas) as soon as he got out that he was in trouble. Looks like he was finally caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

gyppo wrote: »

Mmmmm...especially if they were reading right now (hide your IP addresses;))

I couldn't give a rats arse about his family.

i doubt they decided tpo pop onto boards to see who's being smart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Damn, was hoping it would be one of the biddies who rings in the moan about the state of the country every second day............ This guy had so much potential (although he was on a bad trend, ringing up Joe at that age).

• Advertisement

"Yes, my client accepts that he shot this man, your honour, but in his defence he had a very good reason"

"Oh OK then, case dismissed"

:D :rolleyes:

Let me put this in bullets:
    • An honest guy going about his own business in Ireland won't get shot
    • A dishonest guy working in dodgy business has a higher chance of getting shot, take a little cut on the side would increase those chances!
    • Calling liveline while in prison resulting in all your fellow cons phones being confiscated, thus reducing their capacity to perform their daily business, will increase your chances of being shot.
    OK, that's enough bullets for now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

well said jester...the guy just stood on too many toes!

if your dealin with these people getting shot is an occupational hazzard!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1022/finglas.html

HAHAHA.

what's the difference between what you're saying here, and what somebody might have said about your jewish wife 60 odd years ago?
    An honest guy going about his own business in Ireland won't get shot

pull your ****ing head out of your ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

• A dishonest guy working in dodgy business has a higher chance of getting shot, take a little cut on the side would increase those chances!
    • Calling liveline while in prison resulting in all your fellow cons phones being confiscated, thus reducing their capacity to perform their daily business, will increase your chances of being shot.
    OK, that's enough bullets for now ;)

Tell that to that poor young plumbers family, he was working in the home of a criminal so by your way of thinking this was just some justifiable collateral damage ?

snip

Charlie Chalk, that copper those people at the party whould didn't let yer man in...

OK, I'll rephrase that first point. An honest guy has a very low chance of getting shot in Ireland. It would have to be mistaken identity, getting on the wrong side of certain people or just being unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The average Joe going about his daily business has little to no chance of being shot compared to someone working in a business on the wrong side of the law!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Tell that to the Garda recently shot by some scumbag stealing a car.

they never got caught did they ...shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

I love the line about Bertie saying we "need to stop accepting casual violence".

Sure Bertie, it's OUR fault.

:rolleyes:

was about to say just that. that statement implies its us out there policing the streets and going "ah sure let them at it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Christ...did the dude not read the Sunday World a couple of weeks back ? Paul Williams said he would be done within weeks.
    Should have saddled up and got the hell out of Dodge.

A Garda is different to the normal working guy. They are working directly against these people and have a much higher chance of getting shot. It's unfortunate that this is the way it is, I have a lot of friends as Gardai and I know some have been attacked. One even got a kick in the face after giving evidence in court knocking him unconscious as the scumbag was being removed from court. Anyone who attacks a Garda should IMO never be let out again.

That was a poorly phrased first point I made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Two years ago my cousin was shot dead in Dublin, 15 minutes after being released from Mountjoy. Yes he was a scumbag, got what he deserved etc. but that didn't make it any easier for me to digest when I heard the news! :mad:
    Mordeth wrote: »
    what's the difference between what you're saying here, and what somebody might have said about your jewish wife 60 odd years ago?

pull your ****ing head out of your ass.
    Totally agree with this statement and suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Or how lucky we are.

My uncle went out for a drink the other night with some friends.

Today he's life support in Beaumont hospital ICU.

Nothing sinister thank god. He stayed out late so my aunt went to bed, but woke up yesterday morning at 06:30am and no sign of hubby so she went downstairs where she found him lying in the garden semi-wake and moaning. He went to bed, but by afternoon she couldn't stir him so called for an ambulance.

Not only is he suffering from a brain haemorrhage, but that caused him to fall heavily and cause further brain damage, with a clot on his brain from the fall.

The damage is too extensive for surgery so he's life is in gods hands now.

He's only in his mid-fifties, with a young family and grand children.

I'm not asking for prayers, but keep those less fortunate then ourselves in your thoughts guys. Also up in ICU is a 26yr old girl with head injuries and a young Estonian who was beaten up in (I think) Kilkenny and also suffering extensive head injuries, his family were flown over to be at his bed side.

I'm off up there again now.

Just wanted to get that sh*t off my chest.

IF someone came on posted something stupid (thinking their funny ) after reading this thread.....
    how would your family feel...... or would you be happy with the following answer..

OK he was no saint/scumbag even.. But today some mother /father ,sister/brother is going through hell and all some people can do is try to be funny/or sound hard to impress a few people they do not even know on-line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Mairt, are you Jewish? Shalom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is his jewish wife a scumbag?

• Advertisement

that's what you get for expecting humanity from zionists...

humanji wrote: »
    Is his jewish wife a scumbag?

60 years ago, in a certain part of europe.. yes, yes she would have been. Worse than.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DonJose wrote: »
    Mairt, are you Jewish? Shalom.

No, his wife is and iirc, he took offence at posts that were verging on anti-semitic, hence Mordeths comment. Yet he's happy to belittle the family of someone who has been murdered. Lovely guy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I can't say I am surprised at this happening, he was bound to have an example made of him.

60 years ago, in a certain part of europe.. yes, yes she would have been. Worse than.

that liveline caller and a jewish woman
    sorry i don't see the connection

• Advertisement

Calling liveline while in prison resulting in all your fellow cons phones being confiscated, thus reducing their capacity to perform their daily business, will increase your chances of being shot.
    I don't think he was killed because of the phones being confiscated, I think he was killed by the person who smuggled in the budgies, that budgie smuggler is still pulling feathers out of his ass!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

OK he was no saint/scumbag even.. But today some mother /father ,sister/brother is going through hell and all some people can do is try to be funny/or sound hard to impress a few people they do not even know on-line.

why should peoples oppinion of him change because he died?
    if this thread was on saturday about him im sure you wouldnt be defending him.
    i have sympathy for his family but couldnt care less about him BECAUSE of the life he choose.

Right, sorry, I thought you were going for the Godwin's law there, didn't realise his wife was Jewish, so it changes your argument a tad.

It still doesn't change the fact that a scumbag was killed. His family will grieve, but why the hell should the rest of us? Should the victims of his crimes shed a tear because a human life has been snuffed out?

humanji wrote: »
    It still doesn't change the fact that a scumbag was killed. His family will grieve, but why the hell should the rest of us?
    What are the chances that this guy didn't stiff somebody!!! A lot of these shootings are tit for tat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I loved Berties comment. There was nothing random about 5 bullets into a guy like John Daly.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

mike65 wrote: »
    I loved Berties comment. There was nothing random about 5 bullets into a guy like John Daly.

Mike.

exactly. If this is "Casual Violence" wtf is serious violence like:confused::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

prendy wrote: »
    why should peoples oppinion of him change because he died?
    if this thread was on saturday about him im sure you wouldnt be defending him.i have sympathy for his family but couldnt care less about him BECAUSE of the life he choose.

I am lost .. Saturday ????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonconnors

Do you any of you people think that the Media is in any way resposible for the current state of affairs with regard to gangland crime - Paul Reynolds and the likes glorify these people by giving them media space and giving them nicknames etc, and these drugged up lunatics think they are Tony Montana going around shooting people. There is blood on the hands of these journalists too.

DonJose wrote: »
    What are the chances that this guy didn't stiff somebody!!! A lot of these shootings are tit for tat.
    I think he was an armed robber. Don't know if he killed anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Two ways to commit suicide:

a) Kill yourself.

b) Piss off some of the badest f**kers behind bars, and remove the sh|t they smuggled in from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement