Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whre next to go with my 5 to 500 challenge

Options
  • 22-10-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

hey decided to give this 5 to 500thing a go so i stuck my fiver on southampton , aberdeen and west ham now I have to decide what to do with my 46.20
    open to all suggestions!!:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done on Soton! I suggest a double West Brom v Blackpool (tuesday) and Tranmere v Huddersfield, (Friday). Don't blame me if it goes wrong.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

For the love of God can we stop these.

Gambling posts in a gambling forum shocking is'nt it?

May I politely suggest you leave by the door and don't let it hit you on the way out?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

There's an ongoing thread called The MUGG accum thread, that's where these posts should go I think.

I never said it wasn't gambling. It's just that I don't find it interesting. If even only a few people do this it is going to dominate this forum. And you should appreciate now that the odds of this coming up are still over a 100 to 1 so we may have to wade through very many of these threads until there is a winner.

I for one have no interest in following these and I feel they are diluting the relevance and quality of this forum.

As a compromise I would suggest there is just one master thread for all these 5 into 500 ideas rather than a different thread for each one? I see Hotspur has suggested this and I second it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

badbrian wrote: »
    As a compromise I would suggest there is just one master thread for all these 5 into 500 ideas rather than a different thread for each one? I see Hotspur has suggested this and I second it.

Thirded.

Fair enough, does this place get modded much?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

hotspur wrote: »
    There's an ongoing thread called The MUGG accum thread, that's where these posts should go I think.

that thread is for accums with massive odds,not piss pot odds on a treble

mike65 wrote: »
    Fair enough, does this place get modded much?

Mike.

this has been brought up before in feedback and wasn`t really resolved,there`s not even a charter ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Saw that spencer was having a good day at wolverhampton so i decided to stick it on him in the 4.30 on board one for L Cumani won by a head So Im now up to 184.80 which im thinking of putting on liverpool on wednesday at 4/5 i think they are way overpriced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

county wrote: »
    that thread is for accums with massive odds,not piss pot odds on a treble

What he's doing is really an accumulator that's the same, it's just over a longer period of time. Turning €5 into €500 is 100-1, that is big odds.

hotspur wrote: »
    What he's doing is really an accumulator that's the same, it's just over a longer period of time. Turning €5 into €500 is 100-1, that is big odds.

still not 500-1 which is the aim of the thread in question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

agree the MUGG thread isn't the place for this, also agree that every time someone finds a spare fiver we don't need a new thread , although as Mike has proved they are often shortlived threads anyway ;)

its not the liveliest forum ever anyway so if you don't want to read about small bets don't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Try keep the €5 challenge posts in the one thread otherwise it'll be all over the place.

Maybe a sticky for "Small accumulator follies"

Mike.

Maybe a sticky for "Small accumulator follies"

Mike.

good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Any chance you could post your picks before the result???

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Any chance you could post your picks before the result???

Putting the 184.80 on a Seville + Arsenal double tonight

Seville at 1/4
    Arsenal at 1/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

dotsflan wrote: »
    Putting the 184.80 on a Seville + Arsenal double tonight

Seville at 1/4
    Arsenal at 1/5

Good bet that. I'm thinking of backing an Arsenal clean sheet.

Dotsflan, i don't mean any offense but it looks a little suspicious that you had a 9-1 winner and then a 3-1 on a horse without posting before the event. For me this doesn't really count as you might aswell have just posted any result that suited you. The 7 posts to your name wouldn't entice me to trust you either although credit where credit is due, nice pick tonight, even if the odds were ridiculously low compared to the previous 2 bets

• Advertisement

Bubs101, no offense taken but you see i am a trainee guard so dont have much time to be online. And the reason I have so few postings is because it was a month or so ago since i used my account so i forgot my username and password and just started up a new one the other day. have today off so I Have put my winnings on,277.20, on liverpool at 8/11 :eek::eek:

It's not so much the new username, just the massive wins without posting bets before hand, I presume you'd understand if it took a little of the sheen off

Yeah totally understand ive heard enough "big win" stories in my time to know they get a bit over hyped but i assure you mine is genuine and only for a bit of fun so if liverpool lose or draw tonight no harm done it only cost a fiver :):)

The good news for your bet is that Rafa is so enthalled to the CL he'll proberly put a decent logical team out!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

The good news for your bet is that Rafa is so enthalled to the CL he'll proberly put a decent logical team out!

Mike.

Evidently one that can't defend though.

I've knocked this thread, and I also noted you posted up winners after the bets came in but I do hope Liverpool can turn this around and you make a mockery of my prediction that we might have to wait a long time to see a winner. All the best for the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

More stupidity. Dear god make these threads stop. :( I said it in the first one and I'll say it here, -->

IT WILL NOT WORK

I know that's harsh but you just have people basically gambling on markets they haven't a clue about and throwing their money away. I for one don't think that should be encouraged on this forum. I mean someone tries this €5 -> €500 , say 10 times, that's €50 they're gonna lose VERY EASILY BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK. Statistically you may have to do it 100 times before it works. Just please cut it out or keep it to 1 thread that I for one can avoid. It reminds me of those chain mail "LOLZ I CAN SHOW U HOW2TURN 1c into $10 milion11!! It workd4me & my frend!! Try now!!"

So what your saying is that if we get 100 people to do it we'll have a winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I like these threads. The forum isnt exactly a hotbed of activity and these kind of bets are more attractive for a casual punter

• Advertisement

More stupidity. Dear god make these threads stop. :( I said it in the first one and I'll say it here, -->

IT WILL NOT WORK

I know that's harsh but you just have people basically gambling on markets they haven't a clue about and throwing their money away. I for one don't think that should be encouraged on this forum. I mean someone tries this €5 -> €500 , say 10 times, that's €50 they're gonna lose VERY EASILY BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK. Statistically you may have to do it 100 times before it works. Just please cut it out or keep it to 1 thread that I for one can avoid. It reminds me of those chain mail "LOLZ I CAN SHOW U HOW2TURN 1c into $10 milion11!! It workd4me & my frend!! Try now!!"

i think telling people how to bet and saying they haven`t got a clue is a little bit harsh,as you know these threads are a bit of fun with low stakes and if someone wants to try it 10 times so bloody what.people who post in here know your opinion so posting it in numerous threads in this forum gets a bit annoying

Advertisement