Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amateur Drama Groups (Dublin) - interested in acting? sign up here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Blue Soul wrote: »
    I'm a writer that's interested in joining a drama group so keep me in the loop!

Great, I'll add you to my list. We are meeting next Tuesday evening... will be in touch about exact time and venue soon, hope to see you there!

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm also up for that meet. I'd additionally like to write something too as I've a serious interest in writing.

DeV.

Hmmm, this does sounds interesting :) Well, bring all your ideas along next Tuesday... all suggestions are welcome! It's great to see we have a couple of writers interested too, looking forward to meeting you all next week!

Ok, so how about we meet upstairs at 7pm in the Lord Edward pub in Christchurch... it's a fairly quiet spot, so we should be able to plot our evil dramatic plans quite nicely from there :D Hope that's ok for everyone, or if you have better suggestions for venues, let me know.
    I'll pop into the Mill Theatre in Dundrum tomorrow to see if there can offer us any wisdom for starting off our group. Please bring any ideas/suggestions/wisdom that you may have with you too!

Looking forward to seeing you all on Tuesday :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just so we have idea on how many to expect, can anyone coming along please confirm?

Btw, thanks Niamh Esmereldina for organising. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Blue Soul

Hi Faceman, I've confirmed with Niamh. See you there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

just some feedback for those of you who couldnt make it.

Myself, Blue Soul, Esmereldina and DeVore met last night to kick things off. We had some discussion around our interest in performing arts and what we'd like to do. It was great to meet and discuss our backgrounds, likes and dislikes.

We are going to meet fortnightly from now on, every second Thursday starting from Thursday 5th June, venue to be confirmed.

If anyone is worried about not having enough experience or too much experience, then dont be afraid! We all have mixed backgrounds and mixed levels of experience! None of us are professional actors (yet!) ;)

The more people we can get on board the better!

Seeing as this thread was stickied and it has evolved since the first post, would it be possible to have it tidyied up or even a new thread created and stickied with the groups details etc?

Any thoughts?

Hello all, whats the plan for tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Blue Soul

Hi Faceman, as before, I'm free around 8ish to meet. We're still waiting on confirmation of a venue?

Blue Soul wrote: »
    Hi Faceman, as before, I'm free around 8ish to meet. We're still waiting on confirmation of a venue?

Yep I'm still up for this tomorrow too, but where to meet, that is the question...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Hi,

Did you guys decide on a venue for tonight? I wouldn't mind getting involved but I wont be free till after 9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dublindave20

I would'nt mind coming along either!!!

Quick update: We had our second meeting yesterday, and the next one will be on July 3rd. We are taking a bit of a longer break this time, so anyone who is interested in joining, please do come along... you have lots of notice to keep the date free now! We are hoping to start some drama workshops at the next meeting too, so venue is not confirmed yet (we are hoping to sort out some rehearsal space). Everyone who came along to the first one, please come along again so we can keep this going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dublindave20

Ok, so what sort of people are involved?
    I am an actor, are there writers directors..etc involved?
    How often were You talking about staging a play.. etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Hey, apologies for missing the meeting, I didn't get the venue in time but I'll be there on July 3rd. I've dabbled in most aspects of amateur drama, ie. acting, set design, costume, stage managing etc so I'll be happy to just be involved. (I'm also quite good at clapping loudly from the back of a theatre)

Ok, so what sort of people are involved?
    I am an actor, are there writers directors..etc involved?
    How often were You talking about staging a play.. etc?

We have really just started up but so far there are some writers and actors involved. More actors are definitely welcome. We are trying to sort out a rehearsal space at the moment, so we hadn't gotten as far as deciding how often we would stage a play! Since we are still in the initial stages of getting organised as a group, we are very much open to ideas about direction and organisation... we don't have any fixed plans as yet. Come along next time in you are interested in getting involved in any way!
    Hey, apologies for missing the meeting, I didn't get the venue in time but I'll be there on July 3rd. I've dabbled in most aspects of amateur drama, ie. acting, set design, costume, stage managing etc so I'll be happy to just be involved. (I'm also quite good at clapping loudly from the back of a theatre)

Great, see you next month so :)

We now have our own forum :)
    Please come visit us at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BernietheKat

I don’t know much about theatre or about performing arts but I do know that this guy would be class at both of them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv0M70YCm6Y

• Registered Users Posts: 21 louise santry

Oakwood Drama Group from Finglas is always open to new members!!!
    Check us out on www.bebo.com/oakwoodD
    If anyone is interested in joining just send us a message on the bebo page and we'll get back to you - promise!!
    Auditions underway for our next production - Funny Money! It very good. In particular we are looking for a lady to fill one of the roles....
    Hope to see from some of you soon!!

Louise:)

Hi all, the Boards Drama Group is always looking for new people to get on board to either be performers or help behind the scenes.

With regard to production and behind the scenes people, students or people looking for experience for their CV etc, may find it useful to get involved.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

Quick update on the Boards Drama Group, we have christened ourselves "No Drama Theatre Company"!

We are always looking for new people, be you veterans or newbies or just curious!

We are in the early stages of preparing for a production so if you want to get involved at any level. no time like the present to get involved be it on teh performing or technical side!

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in acting or backstage or hosting workshops, get in touch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ilonaB

Hello,

i'm a 24 year old Belgian girl who just came to Dublin. Back in Belgium I have played in amateur drama and I would love to do the same here in Ireland.

How can I join?

Thank you,

Ilona

Hi -you are very welcome to join Oakwood Drama Group. Our next production will be Funny Money. We meet in St Helenas Resource Centre usually on a Thursday evening 8pm-10pm.
    If you would like more info send me a message or just come along.

ilonaB wrote: »
    Hello,

i'm a 24 year old Belgian girl who just came to Dublin. Back in Belgium I have played in amateur drama and I would love to do the same here in Ireland.

How can I join?

Thank you,

Ilona

Hi Ilona,

We have our own forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

Its very simple to join, just turn up! :) At the moment we meet every Tuesday at 7pm, details can be found in the above forum. At the moment we are meeting in the upstairs room of An Seo pub on Camden St. (We normally meet in the downstairs room in Kennedys on Westland Row.

The is no fee to participate with the exception of when we have an outside tutor come in but even then its only a few euro. :)

We're a good mix of people, very enthuastic and range from amateur to completely amateur! I kid, we have people who have no experience to lots of experience so everyone is welcome!

If you would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ilonaB

Hi,

I would like to come today. I will be later becaue I have tickets for a play at 6.30 tonight. But i would like to drop by later.

Ilona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bradaun

Hi,

You could try the Moat Club in Naas, if that is not too far to travel. It's got a good rep.

info@moattheatre.com

Hi -you are very welcome to join Oakwood Drama Group. Our next production will be Funny Money. We meet in St Helenas Resource Centre usually on a Thursday evening 8pm-10pm.
    If you would like more info send me a message or just come along.

The Oakwood Drama Group production Funny Money is on hold for now...our attention has turned to the Annual Christmas Variety Show in support of Finglas Suicide Network. Come along and join in the fun & christmas cheer (and the mulled wine and mince pies!!!:D)
    If you would like to take part come along next week to St. Helenas with a few ideas for short skits, songs, with a Xmas twist please get in touch.
    Or if you would like to come along on the night in aid of a good cause with complimentary mulled wine and mince pies (and a cuppa tea!) so you can't go wrong. It will be on show in St. Helenas on Wed 17 and Thur 18 at 7.30pm in St. Helena's Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Scourge 1980

Hey. Are you still interested in setting up a drama group??
    If so, I might be able to help. Im an actor based in Dublin, and have a few contacts. If you're are, you can contact me through boards or my myspace at www.myspace.com/murphysavestheworld. Id love to help. And would love to do a productiion of Juno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Scourge 1980

Im an actor and stage manager based in Dublin and would love to join.

• Advertisement

Im an actor and stage manager based in Dublin and would love to join.

You are more than welcome to come along! See thread below. PM for contact details or if you would like more info. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57757345#post57757345

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement