Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing the aerial

Options
  • 22-10-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice/info on a small problem I have.

Recently bought a second hand car. Everything is great apart from one small problem. The aerial was broken by the previous owner and the screw part is jammed stuck in the base part of the aerial on the roof. It looks like they tried to get it out, but as a result it is worn down, and there is only about 2 mm of it visible to try to grip using a pliers (impossible to turn).

I was just wondering if the best way to sort this out would be to get at it from the inside of the car, and how difficult this would be? It might be a better idea to just get a garage to do it, if so would any garage do this? There is an advance pitstop up the road, but not sure if they would do this sort of thing.

Only a small problem, but someone on here might have a bit more knowhow then I do when it comes to this sort of thing! :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

It depends on the car. Some cars have an aerial at the front centre of the roof, which just happens to have the interior light underneath it. You can pop off the light cover (as if you were changing the bulb) and disconnect+unscrew it from underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Thanks, will give that a try (the aerial is above the light like you say).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

use a hacksaw to cut a groove on the aeriel, then use a flat screwdriver to remove.

Advertisement