Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

Options
  • 22-10-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

2003, Saloon.

I think of these cars and all I can think of is brake problems, although these predate 2003 model?

Smaller Engine than I was anticipating getting, but I'm expecting to be upgrading within the year again.

41K on clock, for €10K, from a dealer I trust.

Opinions?

from the bloke, who'd started this process thinking he could afford an A4 :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I had one, I thought is was a great car, no problems, simple to service yourself. parts cheap. 1.4 was a perfect runabout, a bit underpowered on the national roads though. I think the diesels ate brake pads due to the extra weight, but they are cheap and easy to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭waldo

Its a little on the expensive side, given that its an LX (relatively low spec)and is a saloon (generally 15% cheaper than hatchback version). Expect to get about 7k for it in a years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

waldo wrote: »
    Its a little on the expensive side, given that its an LX (relatively low spec)and is a saloon (generally 15% cheaper than hatchback version). Expect to get about 7k for it in a years time.

None of the cars I'm looking at online come in under 8.5K for a 2002 model, that are within 30K miles on the clock I've the one I'm looking at.
    Where are you getting that figure from?

Admittedly the spec ain't super on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've got a 1.4 focus estate. It copes well enough but you definitly start to feel the engine needs to be worked if ther are 2 reasonable sized adults in the back. Not the nippiest car. I got mine, a 2000 zetec with 69K miles on the clock, done another 10k miles on top of that with no problems.
    I've loaded it up with 5 people, 5 bikes and 5 or 6 bags on many ocassions and done longer trips to waterford, limerick and belfast before and it does ok even on the motorway, just don't expect any blistering overtaking speeds!
    That being said you are thinking of the saloon so will be lighter and you won't be lugging so much weight around.

Advertisement