Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs & Clubs in the City

Options
  • 22-10-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Anyone else find the music in most good pubs and clubs around the city too loud?
    I get it that some people prefer the loud music but its impossible to talk to people at times. I was in the Bailey on Saturday night and i was hoarse by the time i came out of it from shouting at the person next to me just so we could have a conversaton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

It happened to me in Soho a few months ago, was with a group of people, in a section at the front - and the DJ turned the music up really loud - we'd been enjoying it up to then as background music whilst talking - so I politely asked him if he could turn it down in our section - he was really nice - no problem and did so - speakers all over the place, so he was able to control volume in different sections. I didn't go home hoarse that night, thanks to the nice Thursday night DJ. I just say if it's too loud ask them to turn it down, if they won't then speak with Manager and if they say no - then call Environmental Health if the noise level is at the deafening, chest thumping stage. Nobody wants to spoil everyone else's night out but I'd expect loud music at a Club - to dance - not a pub - to drink/talk. J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

juror wrote: »
    ..I was in the Bailey on Saturday night and i was hoarse by the time i came out of it from shouting at the person next to me just so we could have a conversaton

The last time I was in the Bailey (about 4 years ago!!) it was the same scenario..music was way too loud and sure the place was empty!

It seems that some pubs still feel the louder they play the music the better they think the atmosphere is...sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 raananhax

I think they turn the music up because it makes the punter drink more. If he/she can't have a decent conversation, he/she lifts the glass to his/her mouth more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Sorry to plug my own site but some people do use it and I saw the thread

www.ratemypub.ie

:D

From experience loud music = the quad (or whatever the hell it is now)

good loud music (probably not loud enough at the back) = mutton lane inn on monday night! savage cabbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

i heard before that people drink most when standing and the music too loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

I'd definitely drink more standing and loud music, have to hold the pint, cant have conversations, all you can do is drink!

Advertisement