Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 3, last level/mission....

• 22-10-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Posted this in another thread and got no response, id be interested to hear what people thaught of the last mission

Personally:

I enjoyed the single player mission, but i have to say that the graphics on the last level were pathetic - it felt like it was a scene from the lawnmower man (sci-fi film with brosnam years ago for those of you cant remember). I felt it really let the whole game down and they really should have had one big battle to finish the game off. The writers/creaters gave no real conclusion to the Halo series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

I agree with you, from the 'believe' ads and the halo3.com diorama I was expecting a major battle to send off the chief. All we got was a fairly crappy attempt at recreating the fun from 'The Maw' in Halo CE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I don't see how you could not have enjoyed the last level. All the way through, I was praying that there would be some finale like Halo CE, and they even outdid that with the escape sequence at the end of Halo 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

I thought it was great - compared to the completely forgettable boss fight in Halo 2...it gave a great sense of climax even if, I suspect, there wasn't the beat-the-clock aspect that there was in the Maw in Halo CE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I liked the end of the last level but didn't think much of fighting the flood for the whole rest of it. Kind of lazy though that they didn't bother thinking of a new way to climax the game. Thought the story was wrapped up nicely with the possibility of more games always there.
    They did amazing things with the flood in 3 but they are still so boring compared to the covenant. Bring back the gold elites :/
    And did anyone else find the level Cortana on par with The Library for complete annoyance and monotony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Seifer wrote: »
    I liked the end of the last level but didn't think much of fighting the flood for the whole rest of it. Kind of lazy though that they didn't bother thinking of a new way to climax the game. Thought the story was wrapped up nicely with the possibility of more games always there.
    They did amazing things with the flood in 3 but they are still so boring compared to the covenant. Bring back the gold elites :/
    And did anyone else find the level Cortana on par with The Library for complete annoyance and monotony?

Yep from one room filled with spiders onto the next is what it seemed to be like the whole time. And those spiders have unbelievable accuracy on Heroic which is absolutely headwrecking took me the best part of two days to get through it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Yeah, but at least it seemed to go by quicker this time, Library seemed to go on forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Yeah, but at least it seemed to go by quicker this time, Library seemed to go on forever!!

Halo CE was out like 5-6years ago, I find it hard to remember alot of the game. Hard to believe it was so long ago. Makes me feel old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im completely lost tbh, my ma was shouting up during the talking at the end.

What happend , and did chief die?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I thought fighting the oracle as a last boss was a bit crap, the part were your ripping it along in the warthog was pretty enjoyable! Although there could have been more action and scenery...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

k seemingly heroic and legendary have different endings making the whole thing a bit more closure, o well

guess doing it all over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Legendary ending is cool. First time I played through game was on Legendary on system link 4 player co-op, but we STUPIDLY skipped the credits.

Dont for the love of god skip the credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Legendary ending is cool. First time I played through game was on Legendary on system link 4 player co-op, but we STUPIDLY skipped the credits.

Dont for the love of god skip the credits.

Does Legendry have a different ending then heroic. (i've seen the bit after the credits
    with Master Chief and Cortana floating in space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Legendary Ending is longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

If you have finished it on heroic just pick to play the last part of the last level on legendary (it's just as easy on legendary) and you will get to see the full ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cortex101

gonna have to give that a try. ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

i was a bit let down with the ending but i hear theres more then one! i loved the last level though drivin away as the place was being destroyed! lots of fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I finished the fight at 2.00 am last night.

The final battle was a little easy, and I was playing on legendary. It was also a little disappointing. As end bosses go, he was hardly the most threatening. I would have liked more of a showdown with Gravemind. Although driving off the ring was pretty cool. I enjoyed the end sequence too. The Master Chief going into stasis, was a little like a scene out of Alien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yea, finished it myself two days ago.

Shame nothing else really came of GM tbh, just a voice over at times.

Silly end boss, I mean could he actually hit you? 3-4 blasts of the cannon did it. Boo Bungie.

But the Warthog driving was class, really enjoyable for me.

Overall, excellent game. Just waiting on my BT to I can try it online :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mrkiscool

that was one of the best final levels ive ever played
    like i thought halo CE was good at the end but this was beeter
    god i finished it on legendary after 74 hours of play
    i was so tired

Em, how exactly was the warthog race in Halo 3 that different from Halo 1? It was amazing in the first because it was original and fun. It was good in the 3rd because it was just fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

kaimera wrote: »
    Yea, finished it myself two days ago.

Shame nothing else really came of GM tbh, just a voice over at times.

Silly end boss, I mean could he actually hit you? 3-4 blasts of the cannon did it. Boo Bungie.

But the Warthog driving was class, really enjoyable for me.

Overall, excellent game. Just waiting on my BT to I can try it online :)

Tbh i dont think that the monitor is REALLY supposed to be a boss, the fight with him i think was really just put in as a part of the culmination of the story. I mean the monitor has been in the game since Halo CE, and its always been a question if he was on your side or not, and at the end you finally find out. Im glad there were no 'real' boss battles, the game didnt need them tbh, after the epic scarab fights and aerial battles in the hornets, i think a boss fight against gravemind wouldve just dragged the game down (see the boss fight against the heretic in halo 2 as an example of a completely excruciating boss fight).

I finished the game for a 3rd time on saturday, i really love the last level, its a complete unashamed tribute to Halo CE. And the ending is actually quite touching :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mrkiscool

Em, how exactly was the warthog race in Halo 3 that different from Halo 1? It was amazing in the first because it was original and fun. It was good in the 3rd because it was just fun.

because there is no timer plus its harder to win because the halo is destroying the platform

mrkiscool wrote:
    because there is no timer plus its harder to win because the halo is destroying the platform
    Woah...you're right. Completely different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

mrkiscool wrote: »

Actually, there IS a timer. Hang around long enough and youll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

the chase at the end was good fun, and i have played it a good few times to show people, but it was in no way difficult

there definately should have been no checkpoints, so that you have to do it all in one go, just like in halo CE

Actually, there IS a timer. Hang around long enough and youll find out.

I dont think so, i got stuck on a plate that was joined to a new was happening, i even tired to get the arbiter to fall off for the laugh, but he can't be pushed about, so i just walked off it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Have to say I was a bit disappointed.ol

As said earlier the ads, (diarama etc,) gave the impression of a epic end battle, MC being held up like a ragdoll by a brute seemingly dead but holding a grenade at the end.

Enjoyed the warthog run at the end and actually gave a woot when
    the warthog clears the final ramp and barely clears the entrance to the ship!

But still left me a bit cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Played the last level again last night on Legendary and used the Mongoose hiding on the left of the platform instead of the Warthog. It makes the game alot more difficult. Died few times before I managed to finish it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9 appletartman

has anyone got the recon armour? if so, how?

You have to save a Bungie worker's life :cool:
    You can't get it unless they give it to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 appletartman

how do I do this

Advertisement