Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread 30/10 V Dunbar Pensioners @ Columbas 21.30

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hard luck lads.

Spent the night in A & E , have a fractured & dislocated elbow. Knew I was f%%cked the minute it happened. No football for 8 weeks apparantly so I'm rightly pissed off.

Good luck with rest of season and I'll make it out to a few games as a spectataor
    :eek: :eek:

Jaysis Shay, sorry to hear about that.

Fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

yeah , its never a good sign when ya hear a cracking noise when you land!

min of 10 days off work tho ya cant really complain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

yeah , its never a good sign when ya hear a cracking noise when you land!

min of 10 days off work tho ya cant really complain :)

really sorry to hear that mate, didn't look good when you went down tbh.

Although when it happened to me I was ordered to take 4 weeks off to allow the arm to heal properly..so it might be more than 10 days off (scant consolation I know)!

Iago wrote: »
    really sorry to hear that mate, didn't look good when you went down tbh.

Although when it happened to me I was ordered to take 4 weeks off to allow the arm to heal properly..so it might be more than 10 days off (scant consolation I know)!

cheers mate.

4 weeks...bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Were you long in the hospital?

At least it's not yer right arm either, the ten days won't be a total waste. :)

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »

8 hours waitin to get seen to. Then again its a bad time of year for going to a & e, with halloween and all that craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Interesting post there Iago, nice to get some outside perspective. You're right I got pulled back into Centre Mid thanx to some inconsiderate player breaking a bone in his elbow or something....big cissy :D:D

It did turn a bit long ball-ish in the 2nd half and felt like we were hoping for a lucky bounce in the box rather than that bit of composure. But the 3 goals we conceded were all very well taken, the 2nd in particular I had to tip my hat to yiz.

Good game all around though, not much in it in fairness and I don't think we can be too downtrodden in the defeat. We had our chances too and you took yours and took them very well.

We'll get yiz in the return fixture ;);)

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that Shay. Nasty injury :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Interesting post Gary, thanks for taking the time to write that up.

Ouch Shay, sounds painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck with the recovery Shay. Any word on the other injury? Joe was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DesF wrote: »

lol.....

bad news shay, tis rough... hope the road to recovery is quicker than they say.....best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

That's a bad one shay, Hope you get better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hard luck to lose after what sounds like a good performance lads, and Shay most of all - hope the healing process goes smoothly and the Neighbours scripts these days are as interesting as the days of Annalise! giggidy giggidy.

Thanks Gary for the feedback - always good to hear input from an independent perspective from an experienced player. A lot of it reinforces what we've been talking about - defence is solid, work ethic without the ball is admirable, we can play very good passing football, but we aren't getting the balance right between direct play up to the final 3rd, and then put the foot on it and play football there.

Long balls aren't the answer, but we're playing our best football in the middle third - get it to the last 3rd a little quicker and then play the exact same way there and we'll have plenty of goals cos we have the players. Interesting to hear Gary say 2 of their goals came from good play inside the box - makes you think how little football we actually play in the opposition box.

All in all, if they were the best team so far in the league, as Ed reckons, and they realise we could beat them on our night, it's clear we have the players to win this league. We've dropped 9 points, no team will drop less than 9 points in this league so I refuse to believe we're out of the running. Once this group of players just decides to get it to the last 3rd, then slow it down and relax and have some fun playing football there, I refuse to believe we can't win all our remaining games.

So I'd say lads continue as is but make sure to try stuff in and around the box cos enjoying your football makes you play better, and winning makes me enjoy my football :)

Advertisement