Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble connecting with Opera Mini

• 22-10-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In the past I've managed to use my K800i on the Vodafone network
    (postpay customer) to access the internet using the Opera Mini
    app. I think I've messed up my internet settings and I've tried to
    use the settings in the sticky post on this forum but still cannot
    seem to connect and browse to an arbitrary URL using opera mini
    (eg, www.google.com).

My settings are :
    connect using: Vodafone Live!
    Use proxy: yes
    Proxy Address: 010.024.059.100
    Port number:80
    username:dublin
    password:dublin

Any idea why I may not be able to connect (I've tried this for
    several days but to no avail)
    Are there other Internet/datacomms settings I need to be configuring
    before getting general access to the internet on the phone?

-ifc

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

can you connect using teh built in browser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Why use the proxy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If it is opera mini 4 beta 2 then it also stopped working for me. I think it has to do with the opera servers which handle the compression. Beta - what ya gonna do?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I was using the beta fine for a few weeks, but then I found the speed of their servers became a tad too slow for my liking so switched back to the 3.1 version. But there is a new beta version 3 due out later this week so they might have messed something up in getting ready for that and the 9.5 version they are releasing for the desktop at the same time.

Opera Mini Blog

Advertisement