Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to live in cork if you work in ringaskiddy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Maybe a slight exaggeration at 15mins but it mostly down hill & if your coming from upper Rochestown and take Moneygurney RD onto the N28, with a strong tail wind you'll fly it.

Here's my commute this morning from Rochestown (Moneygurney) to Glenbrook:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/84739272

Similar distance, just keep on the N28 to Ringaskiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

is there places for me to rent if i am working in shanbally cork ???

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    is there places for me to rent if i am working in shanbally cork ???

Passage West is usually a good bet. It's only a few minutes drive and is served by a bus service to Shanbally too.

thanks for that is that the only nearest place to live i looked up places to rent in passage west and they cost from 600 euro upwards very costly... any cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Passage west, carrigalin, ringaskiddy. Are you planning on having a car?

• Advertisement

i have a car but im not too fond of driving to cork from dublin where im from is the only thing.... is there busses to shanbally from those places you mentioned??

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

You are best staying in Carrigaline.

A bus goes to ringaskiddy via Monkstown, Passage, Shanbally.......but Carrigaline would be a far better option as the other places are very small with little amenities

thanks for that the cost of housing in carrigaline is expensive 800 plus monthly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    thanks for that the cost of housing in carrigaline is expensive 800 plus monthly.

What are you looking at? House shares in carrigaline are ~350 monthly, passage west would be less again.

Are you taking a whole house on your own or something?

If it's the pharmacutical plant in shanbally I'm thinking of, I'm not sure how convenient the bus is for there (been years since I was up there). Might need the car anyway.

It's still way cheaper than dublin anyway!

thanks for that information yeah i was looking on daft.ie for houses in carrigaline and it gave me 800 monthly. ?? what websites do you have ?

its BIOMARIN plant i am interested in yeah. Hmh i have a car yeah just not fond of driving long distances lol id have to get used to it.

• Advertisement

oh yeah ok i double checked and its lower than 800 lol sorry my apologies yeah its 330 average monthly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I work in Ringaskiddy, living in Mount Oval in Roachestown.

Lovely spot, 15/20 mins spin to work in the morning would be the most if the traffic was heavy!

Paying €350 for a house share.

Not too far from Mahon Shopping Centre or City Centre!

hi oh thats cool yeah i have to find out word from the job in shanbally first then ill see about housing.

Advertisement