Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this insanity?, €241 keyboard/mouse

Options
  • 22-10-2007 4:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:o i went mental and splashed out on the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000, looks great...feels great!

Keyboard is taking ALOT of getting used to, the keys are not in there standard location, it's a curved design, backlight throughout...keys strike like a laptop...dosent have that same solid feel of a standard 102 keyboard.

It's not a bad thing, just i guess takes time to get used to, fully wireless on the mouse and keyboard and both are rechargable and come with a docking station that also acts as a USB hub (4 port mains powered).

Bluetooth version 3.0, my biggest concern with Bluetooth was bios, as in being able to enter bios and make adjustments, i had heard Bluetooth prevented this, happy to report i am able to access bios fine with this dongle.

I'm using a Gigabyte X38-DQ6 with the latest F5i bios, the backlight may be a gimmik but damn it looks snazzy!...the bragging rights alone might be worth the €241 to your e-penis :p

The mouse, TBH it's nothing amazing, either in terms of look/design and functionality...it's a pitty they didn't put more effort into the mouse.

The whole combo looks very professional, brushed aluminium casing and keys, but the price rag would kill most of this bling.

The lower priced Wireless Desktop 7000 should be a more considered choice, thus far i'm liking it but the keyboard layout is gonna take alot of getting used to.

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=823648

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Looks pretty sweet. Price is a tad steep though!

I know how important it is to have a proper, decent keyboard and mouse....especially for prolonged computing.

Looks like I'll have to stick to my Logitech set for the time being :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

looks nice but way too exp..

so you got a x38 now can i have ur p35 pls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Man, that is way too expensive IMO, my saitek eclipse is nice, it's got backlit keys and it only cost €35. But hey I guess if you can justify it that's all that matters. Although it does look pretty nice I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And I'm still using a Dell keyboard from about 2002, with a Logitech travel mouse. I can't even being to contemplate spending that much money on a mouse and keyboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Like others said "It's a crazy price" but the bottom line is,

If you like it, wan't it & can afford it then why not?

Enjoy!

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 KL901

What ever makes you happy.
    Like others said "It's a crazy price" but the bottom line is,

If you like it, wan't it & can afford it then why not?

Enjoy!

-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm getting used to the keyboard, still making typos though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

HavoK wrote: »
    And I'm still using a Dell keyboard from about 2002, with a Logitech travel mouse. I can't even being to contemplate spending that much money on a mouse and keyboard...

Ditto. Except I only upgraded from a Dell ball mouse about a year ago to some cheapo Mikomi (or something like that) from Argos for €14 and I love it:o

Advertisement